iphone 5 restarting itself

roysilb

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
hey :]
i bought my iphone 5 about a month ago, and two weeks ago it started to restart itself... it happens 1-2 times a day and its really annoying. does anyone know how to solve this?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
This isn't a common issue, so a common solution is not going to be had.

1.) Try a hard restart.
2.) Try a restore.
3.) Return it to Apple for a replacement.

Mark511

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem and ended up bringing it to the genius bar, this is after Apple Support had me do a system restore and the problem persisted over the next week. The genius bar reinstalled the firmware and I'm still having the same issue but it's not every day, now it's restarting once every couple of days and I went from having great battery life to terrible battery life. So I'll be calling Apple support again this week. I'm a big iphone fan but this version of iOS just seems very "buggy" hopefully they can get a handle on it soon. iOS 4 and 5 ran very smooth with no issues at all.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem and ended up bringing it to the genius bar, this is after Apple Support had me do a system restore and the problem persisted over the next week. The genius bar reinstalled the firmware and I'm still having the same issue but it's not every day, now it's restarting once every couple of days and I went from having great battery life to terrible battery life. So I'll be calling Apple support again this week. I'm a big iphone fan but this version of iOS just seems very "buggy" hopefully they can get a handle on it soon. iOS 4 and 5 ran very smooth with no issues at all.

Could your issue be caused by a rogue app of some sort and not necessarily iOS?

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
This isn't a common issue, so a common solution is not going to be had.

1.) Try a hard restart.
2.) Try a restore.
3.) Return it to Apple for a replacement.

I actually read another thread from someone else where a number of users were having reboot issues, I too have experienced a few. It happens for me generally when entering or leaving a text message, maybe once every couple of days. Not a big enough deal to worry for myself.

I hear it happens on iphone 4s's as well on 6.0, so it probably is just a software issues affecting a limited number of users.

hydrogen3

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I actually read another thread from someone else where a number of users were having reboot issues, I too have experienced a few. It happens for me generally when entering or leaving a text message, maybe once every couple of days. Not a big enough deal to worry for myself.

I hear it happens on iphone 4s's as well on 6.0, so it probably is just a software issues affecting a limited number of users.

I have a 4S. I've never had this issue.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Call up Apple and they will email you a link for troubleshooting. It will send them device info and they could very well figure out what could be causes the crashes and reboots. They are able to tell what and when it happens.

Worth a shot if yo try the above and it does not fix your issues.

Andrew Ngo

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It is running low on RAM problem. Whenever my phone starts restarting itself, I close all the apps that I don't currently use, the restarting stops. I hope Apple will release an update for this problem.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234