aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to vent my frustration, I just got iPhone 5. And Siri does not understand a single word...and when she does understand, she freezes...apple needs to make Siri a little better...

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I very rarely have problems with Siri. The only time is when I say an address too fast but other than that she's pretty accurate.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have found Siri pretty accurate in understanding what I say. She is only good for certain things though. For me, I learned I have to talk fast, because if I pause and think about what I'm saying she detects end of speech and she tries to answer the question or do whatever task before I am through. Overall I like Siri.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I have never had a single issue with Siri understanding me either. My voice to text (microphone icon on the keyboard) feature can't understand a single thing I have ever said which is an entirely different story but, Siri has never missed a beat even in situations with an abundance of background noise!!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps there is an underlying issue with your phone. Or, maybe your speech is such that the software has difficulty recognizing. Also, your data connection also weighs heavily on Siri's performance.

I can understand your frustration especially since you just got your phone and naturally would expect it to work to your standards. I would suggest contacting tech support of your carrier or visiting an apple store if your feel it could be a hardware/software problem.

I might also suggest choosing your thread titles carefully as the forum police will be quick to label you as a troll vs lending their knowledge on the subject. Since I and others do not have the same issues with Siri as you have, I hope you seek out answers and enjoy a much better experience!

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
I have found Siri pretty accurate in understanding what I say. She is only good for certain things though. For me, I learned I have to talk fast, because if I pause and think about what I'm saying she detects end of speech and she tries to answer the question or do whatever task before I am through. Overall I like Siri.

I'm just the opposite. I find that I have to slow down so that Siri can catch everything I'm saying and not what she thinks I'm saying.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Siri works well enough for me. Sometimes it doesn't catch my words. However I changed Siri to speak to me in the Queens English.

aznhomieboi1689

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I gues it could be my connection, I have been having problems with the connection (iMessage not working, picture SMS doesn't load, etc) why is it like this??

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Siri gives me problems a lot of times. It's gets frustrating. But when I reboot the device and try use it again it works just fine.
It's like Siri has its moods

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

crackcookie

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you have a funny accent or speak to close, fast, slow. What I found interesting about myself, is my English, I try to improve it because I talk to a handful of foreigners, and you cannot say certain slang phrases or skip words, or fail to annunciate, or else they will fail to understand you.

Siri is a work in progress, and we all know that, the more we all talk to her the better she gets, and she is better than the voice features on Android and Blackberry in terms of not only understanding, but responses.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I gues it could be my connection, I have been having problems with the connection (iMessage not working, picture SMS doesn't load, etc) why is it like this??

You just answered your own question. If you have a bad data connection, the phone isn't going to work as advertised.

Sounds like an issue you need to take up with your carrier.

breadmanjp

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I was frustrated with Siri on iPhone 4s but since I upgraded to iPhone 5 Siri works like a charm! Maybe its the LTE but whatever the case, she works just fine.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 sucks...it never connects to WiFi...should i get a router or something?

LMAO! I would like to thank you for making me shoot Dr. Pepper through my nose at work while reading your statement.... ;) :D

Sent from the shadows of darkness using Tapatalk