Couldn't do it!!

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Over the last couple of weeks I decided to try a few phones on the Android and Windows OS. My last, and as it turns out, my last, was the HTC DNA. I know it can beat the iPhone 5 in many bench tests, but it is no iPhone! I love the iPhone 5, it is fast, works flawlessly, and is part of a great ecosystem. As hard as I tried to like the latest and "best", I couldn't do it!! I have an iPhone 5, a mini iPad, an iPad 3, and a Mac Book Pro. I guess I am your proverbial fan boy, but I am happy!:D

anon(3733516)

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Whatever makes you happy, man!
I tried something similar with the Galaxy S3 recently and I found myself practically running back to my iPhone 5.

zachpenguin

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I too tried a stint with the Droid DNA. It really is a great device, but I found myself coming home every night and picking up my 5. After 4 days I had had more than enough and swapped them back. Android has come a long way, but I guess iOS is just more comfortable for me.

Tunnelrunner

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
As a dual-Android/iOS user, I admit the platforms are different in significant ways. Android isn't for everyone, just like iOS isn't. For me personally, iOS is still easier and faster (and simpler) to use for everyday living, which is probably why my iPhone 5 gets more use than my Note 2 but obviously, the customization and freedom is better on Android. YMMV. Glad you found the platform that works best for you.

Toochief

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I am glad to see this post. I thought I was the only crazy one. I traded my iPhone five for a S III and then traded up for a galaxy note 2. Within three days I was back on my iPhone 5

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I too tried the Galaxy S3 but the battery life and poor screen (pentile amoled is not my preference) brought me back to the iphone 5. HTC limiting the DNA to a 16GB non removable battery left me scratching my head. I currently am test driving the Note 2. This decision is not quite as easy. That phone is a powerhouse.

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Agreed. Ive had my run with all of the other OSes (if thats even the right word, lol) and always have came back to the iPhone. Sittin happy with my white 5 now :)

angermeans

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I did the same experiment as of late. A few years back I left iOS and my 3Gs for the Nexus One. The only apple device I continued to use was MacBook Pro. After owning the Xoom and Transformer Prime (and numerous Android phones) I decided to pick up the retina iPad on launch day (wifi 32gb white). I fell in love with it and it was so much better than the crap that is android tablets. I kept my Galaxy Nexus and got a GS3, but I just really liked ios again so I picked up an iPhone 4S this summer. It was great to have another excellently built device and more and more I stopped using my Galaxy nexus and GS3. I picked up the Nexus 7 as I wanted a 7" device and I used it for a couple weeks and went back to my iPad. After using ios android felt extremely laggy. I then sold my Galaxy nexus and GS3 and got me an iPhone 5 and went with the 64gb LTE 3Rd gen iPad and sold off my wifi iPad and Nexus 7. The iPhone 5 is the best device I have ever owned. It is so nicely built, extremely fast, and has the best display on the market (I know the DNA is out but read on). When apple announced the retina 13" MBP I had to get it and it is excellent.

After all this I felt I would never go back. A couple weeks ago my employer Verizon offered Employee Limited Edition Droid DNAs and HTC Windows Phone 8X devices for $99 each (they also both came with Nokia fanboy wireless chargers for free and came in color combinations that aren't offered to the general public. The DNA has a red back and the 8X is gray and limelight yellow. I had to pick them both up. The 8X is excellent and Windows phone 8 is nice. The DNA has a great display and after using both side by side I still think the iPhone 5 is hands down a better display even with the DNA having much higher ppi. Apple just pays attention to detail. The 8X I still play with but the DNA went back in its box. Nothing in my opinion comes close to the iPhone 5. Way to nice.

Thanks for sharing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR