iPhone 5 sleep/wake button not working!

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Ever since i updated to 6.0.2 my sleep/wake button is not working normally! Needs to be pressed several times to work! I wish It's a software bug because i can't afford fixing the phone! No apple care!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hmm that's not normal and all iPhone 5 have apple care for the first year since purchase .. So just take it to apple

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Dec 24, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue, I took it to Apple a few days ago and the Genius just replaced it. Remember to book an appointment before you arrive.

Hmm that's not normal and all iPhone 5 have apple care for the first year since purchase .. So just take it to apple

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I know it is but the problem is that i live in Egypt and i have to send the device to USA since i do not have a local Apple store! I'll have to wait till 6.1 is released and if the problem isn't fixed, i'll have to try and send it to Apple in USA.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

lambda28

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hope this will temporarily ease your suffering..

Follow these steps to have a work around so you don't do any physical damage until you get your iphone fixed:

Settings -> General -> Accessibility -> AssistiveTouch 'On'

Hopefully this will help

card0124

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue also. I had to take mine into the store, and get it replaced also. I also thought it was maybe a software issue also, but the guy at the store said they had a recall out on the earlier models of the phone. This guy seemed kinda ify though so I don't know about all that.

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
They changed my device after a huge fight with them because when the guys at genius bar checked out the phone the button worked perfectly and they thought i was kidding or something! But I'm glad i replaced it!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal