Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Calls failed on Vodafone

Is anyone else having problems with iPhone 5 and Vodafone? Nearly every call has a call failed. According to Vodafone there is no problem,but there is a problem somewhere...
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Default Re: Calls failed on Vodafone

I am with AT&T & the calls fail sometimes. It's not every call by any means, but it is annoying when it happens. I sent my first phone in because the calls were failing. Apple sent me a new phone. This new phone has done it a few times too. I don't know what the problem is with my phone (AGAIN) or AT&T. I hope it gets resolved though. Good luck!
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Calls failed on Vodafone

I have been using a new Iphone 5 for 2 months with software ver. 6.0.1. on Verizon network. Was Perfect! no problem, no drops no disconnects, perfect fidelity. Than on Dec 28 an OS update was sent and I installed it, ver. 6.0.2. The next day, in all the same locations I regularly make calls in, they began dropping and I would hear 3 tones then get a script on the phone saying "call Lost". I went to Apple, yesterday they replaced my phone with another unit (90 day warranty still valid) but it was a "rebuilt" phone with new case, and previously used guts inside. I was told not to "restore" my data from icloud back, up cause it might bring back the problem. I did not do a restore. the software on the new unit was ver 6.0.1, like my original phone had when I didn't have a problem, but as soon as I made a call from home it lost the call. I then saw that the phone wanted to do the 6.0.2 update and I allowed it by connecting to Itunes on my desktop Mac. The update came in and a firmware update as well, and on subsequent calls some were ok and some were not heard clearly or were dropped. I will go back to Apple today, this all did not happen before so It should not happen now.