Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I've gone thru every setting & can't work out how to enable it

Locked screen shortcut dot on home screen ease help me out
Cheers

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
General, accessibility, assistive touch.

I'm guessing this is what the OP is looking for.

I use it extensively on my iPhone & iPad.
Some hate it because they feel it gets in the way & is annoying.
I love it and saves your home button which can wear out.

Good Luck

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I use it as well. It takes a load off the home button especially when you switch a lot between apps like I do. I happen to like it a lot.

Sent from my iPhone 7

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That's very cool I didn't know it was there. I was hoping I could get Zephyr like gestures out of it, I can't really find a use for it but it's always neat finding out something new about your device. Has anybody created custom gestures, if so what were you able to achieve?

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
What a great tip. Hadn't seen this featured explained anywhere else. Is there a trick to placing the dot in the middle of a row? I can only get mine to stay on far left or far right of a row.

jagfan2

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I noticed after enabling the assistive touch button that my screen doesn't autolock when it is the last button touched. To enable the autolock, the screen needs to be touched. Not sure if this is intentional or a system bug.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I noticed after enabling the assistive touch button that my screen doesn't autolock when it is the last button touched. To enable the autolock, the screen needs to be touched. Not sure if this is intentional or a system bug.

jagfan,

I think this is a bug that appeared after iOS 6. it was never an issue before that. However, on my iPhone and iPad it is an intermittent problem.

Good Look

joeye333

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Just seems to be a lot of extra buttons to tap for the lock screen. When I touch the assistive touch button, brings up more options. How do you program the assistive touch button to automatically lock the screen without having to go to the list of options again.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner