Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Banned

Default how come when i make a phone call on my iphone 5, the background picture shows up ?

for everybody else the picture assigned to that contact appears

But for one of my contaccts the background picture comes up and a smaller picture of that person shows up on top right of screen
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,585 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: how come when i make a phone call on my iphone 5, the background picture shows up ?

Pics assigned to a contact directly on the iPhone show up as full screen. Pics added to contacts on your computer then synced to the phone show up as a thumbnail.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    Banned

Default Re: how come when i make a phone call on my iphone 5, the background picture shows up ?

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Pics assigned to a contact directly on the iPhone show up as full screen. Pics added to contacts on your computer then synced to the phone show up as a thumbnail.

that is the answer i was looking for
    Thank you
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version
    iOS 6

Also could be Facebook/Twitter contact import. Happened to my wife's contact on my phone.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default how come when i make a phone call on my iphone 5, the background picture shows up ?

I took a picture of a contact with the phone and assigned it to a contact and it still shows up as a small thumbnail in the upper right corner. Hmmm.