Buying iPhone 5 full price

daymorr

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I tried searching but I could not find an answer. My AT&T contract is not eligible for an upgrade for another year. I currently have an iPhone 4S. If I pay the full price for the iPhone 5 without upgrading, will I be able to use LTE or would I be stuck with 3G? Also, I would need to cut my sim card I assume. Thanks for your help.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you will. Also, you don't have to cut your SIM card. AT&T will give you the Nano sim that is needed for the iPhone 5 for free.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
If you are going to buy an iphone 5 for full price, you can do what I did (at the advice of an AT&T store employee LOL) and buy the factory unlocked version, which costs the same anyways and you still will get LTE on AT&T.

Apple sells the factory unlocked iphone 5 at their stores and they are the same price as the AT&T locked ones. You would just need to stop at the AT&T store to have them activate a nano sim card for you (which are fee of course)

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Just make sure that AT&T has LTE where you live. A friend of mine who lives close to me in long beach ca has no LTE service. It was really sad seeing him walk around my house trying to see if he can pick up LTE service. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone 7