How to multiple select in Photostream?

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Is there a way/gesture that I can easily select all the photos in my Photostream to copy or delete them as needed? When you have close to 1000 photos it's very hard to copy them somewhere if you have to tap each one to select it. How do you do it if there is no multi-select, or am I missing something as to how this is supposed to be used?

Thanks!

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but that was what I was asking - I can tap 800 photos one at a time or is there an easier way, like on a laptop?

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Thanks, but that was what I was asking - I can tap 800 photos one at a time or is there an easier way, like on a laptop?

Since this is in the iPhone 5 forum, it seemed that you wanted to know how to do it on your iPhone 5.

You can do it all the normal ways on a computer that you would normally select multiple photos.

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
I apologize, I guess I wasn't clear - I said "like" a desktop. On a desktop I can easily multi-select hundreds or thousands of files, photos, etc.
My question is about iPhone 5. Can I multi select hundreds of photos easily and then take action on them, or do I Have to tap/select them one at a time?
Thanks

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I apologize, I guess I wasn't clear - I said "like" a desktop. On a desktop I can easily multi-select hundreds or thousands of files, photos, etc.
My question is about iPhone 5. Can I multi select hundreds of photos easily and then take action on them, or do I Have to tap/select them one at a time?
Thanks

unfortunately there isn't a way to select all the photos in a photo stream album with a few touches.
connecting your phone to your computer will allow that of course, but that only allows access to the camera roll.
if you install "icloud control panel", you can sync your photo streams to your computer. i just played with it on my windows PC and you can make some changes to your photo streams, but still no option to select all the photos, even in windows explorer.
This may work better on a Mac.

Bob Jr

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
HAHA the easiest way that works on iPad is to go to settings and look for the Photos & Camera tab. Click it and then turn off photo stream, this will delete them all until you turn it back on. To delete from Camera Roll, import it using a program and select automatically delete after importing. CHEERS!!:D

Moi2

May 20, 2013
Visit site
My original post tells you the only way to do it on an iPhone 5.

Wow, you are phenomenally unhelpful! What is your purpose as a moderator here, responding to questions, if you're just going to be rude, dismissive and at the same time fail to understand or recognise the initial question. Everyone else helped the OP here. You served no purpose other than to diminish the role of the moderator in the eyes of the participants. Why not just find another job?

sunilgd

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings--->iCloud--->Phtoto Stream---> Off the My Photo Stream to delete all photos at a time which are in Photo Stream(make sure to save those photos in Laptop first)

Leon Teale

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I feel sorry for the person who started this thread, every one who seemed to reply either didn't read his question or decided to completely ignore it.
Im afraid i am in the same situation though, i wish to delete "all" pictures form my photo stream using my "iPhone 5" but it looks like you can only select them 1 by 1. which since i have about 800 then this will take some time. i cant believe there is no "select all" option.

Any one know an easy way to remove all my photo stream pics in 1 go?

Dave 95694

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
If you have the apple app "image capture" which I believe is installed by default, connect your iphone to it (perhaps do a search for it in a finder search box), set a folder to download all the photos to (so you can then throw it away on your computer) and check the box in the lower left "delete after download", then click the download all button.

Bob's your uncle!

:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW