Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Should I return my 5?

This is interesting to me. Is it BestBuy's policy to charge tax on the full retail value in every state? I live in Massachusetts and the law in this state is to charge the 6.25% sales tax on the full retail price always, it has been a law for quite a while but only really been enforced for the past couple of years. I also believe there are a few other states that require taxing at full price. I have heard that Radio Shack in Mass stores will sometimes "forget" to tax at the full retail price but that is them circumventing the law.

I also live 10 miles from New Hampshire which does not charge sales tax on anything so guess where I go to buy all my phones (and anything else for that matter)?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,195 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by j7469 View Post
    This is interesting to me. Is it BestBuy's policy to charge tax on the full retail value in every state? I live in Massachusetts and the law in this state is to charge the 6.25% sales tax on the full retail price always, it has been a law for quite a while but only really been enforced for the past couple of years. I also believe there are a few other states that require taxing at full price. I have heard that Radio Shack in Mass stores will sometimes "forget" to tax at the full retail price but that is them circumventing the law.

I also live 10 miles from New Hampshire which does not charge sales tax on anything so guess where I go to buy all my phones (and anything else for that matter)?
    Here in NV, AT&T and BB always charge tax on retail. Apple only charges tax on upgrade pricing so I only buy from Apple now when the newest iPhone releases. When you buy 2, it's saves me around $80 combined for both.
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Here in MN I was only ever charged tax on the price I paid in store at carrier stores and Best Buy.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Default Should I return my 5?

Just keep the phone. I need to go through the BS for just 50 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Devices | iPhone 5 16 GIG Black & Slate | iPad 2 16 GIG White | Macbook Pro 13-inch
    iPhone Nanite

Default Should I return my 5?

I too am on my second iPhone 5. The original unit would vibrate when pressure was put on the glass screen.

I asked the "genius" about the refurb that I was getting. She explained that the only item that might be refurbed is the logic board. The battery, screen, case are all new.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12