If you came from the 4S

SpiritsFade

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
I have an iphone 4S. Love it and it gets the job done.

Realistically, how fast is the 5 compared to the 4s? All I care about in a phone is speed. I know the 5 has a faster processor and more ram, but is it really noticeable if I only have about 12 apps on my phone?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Essentially you can do all the same things with the iPhone 4S as you can with the 5. Both can do FaceTime over cellular now, both have Siri both have turn by turn direction. The only things you'll notice differently are the LTE of course, the design outside and the taller screen and a slightly better camera. But if your content enough with your 4S I'd say wait until the 5S coming out over the summer.

I got my upgrade coming up in June I have the 5 but will also be upgrading to the 5S

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The performance of the 5 and the 4S are very similar in some facets and very different in others...i found that many apps perform about the same (ones i used when i crossed over from the 4S to the 5), but there are many exceptions. Facebook performs INFINITELY better on my iP5 than the 4S, Weather channel app, YouTube (though i dont use the app anymore, i use the online version with a shortcut on my home screen)...i could go through games and stuff but you get the point.

It's not a consistent "Holy crap YES it performs so much better!", sometimes you can tell, sometimes the 4S is just fine...where the iPhone 5 shines (as mentioned before) is data speeds...4G cannot even begin to compare to LTE, it's not even the same sport (so to speak). The iPhone 5 also takes pictures much faster (especially when using Camera Pro), and I've found that Siri also performs better.

SpiritsFade

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
What I am most concerned with is the browser. I tried it out in the store and pages load ridiculously fast... Is that the LTE or the wifi? Or is it just down to how fast the browser renders the page

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I would keep the 4S and upgrade next year when the 5S or 6 comes out. The 5 is a little faster and has a bigger screen, but the 4S is just as good if you haven't used the 5. Just use your upgrade next year and get the best phone then.

sunjives

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
My two cents, I planned to buy iphone 5 & gift it to my spouse as I have iphone4S, BUT the iphone5 is sooo light in your hand that it altered my perception.
I am a proud owner of iphone5 & my wjfe has iphone4S

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5 is slightly faster than the 4S. I only know this because I used it alongside my 4S for about a week.

What sets the 5 apart is the LTE. I was almost tempted to just go back to my 4S and wait to see what the next iPhones bring. However, I didn't want to give up the LTE. It's just that fast!

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
See hearing this stuff is making it easier to hold out for the 5S. Well that and it would cost me $700 to upgrade (including a 3 year contract renewal). I am just waiting for summer and hoping the 5S lands in June or July.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
The 5 is faster than the 4s but as someone stated before it's not something you will say with everything you use. I am someone who notices the difference but I there are sometimes when I don't notice it at all. I would wait if your 4s is still in decent shape and gets you by everyday

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh