Stuck Sleep/Power Button

Craig_C

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else having the problem of the sleep/power button on top of your iPhone 5 getting stuck? Mine seems to be stuck on the left side, but still working on the right. This forces me to press the button in an exact way to get it to sleep. I bought it from BestBuy yesterday. Should I take it back there to exchange it, or just wait for an Apple genius appointment next week?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Best buy might give your greef I would just take it to apple

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anjru0805

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the link. I'd rather not attempt to fix it myself if I don't have to though. Anyone else know about what Apple could charge me?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I'm a 4S user and not under warranty

Well.. Best thing to think about is how much you are willing to put in for it to get fixed. If the price seems fair from Apple or 3rd party source, then get it done, the 4S is still a great device. But if the price is truly high, you most likely are paying almost the cost of a new device.. Worth having Apple take a look at it or even call up some repair companies so you can see what price point you are getting into.

Then from there you can decide. I also agree with not working on my own device and leave it up to the trained people to do it right...

Hope this helps.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I'm a 4S user and not under warranty

Most places charge like 30 bucks to replace it

Apple I'm not sure what they charge but I would go to them first and see what they say sometimes you get someone cool and will replace your phone for free

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234