Chip glass underneath the display?

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Not really sure how something like this happens, but it looks like the glass (or whatever it is) underneath is chipped? I just got this phone and noticed last night when I had it under a light. It looks like something is chipped or scratched underneath.

Here's a pic to get a better idea. It's the little slither on the bottom left hand corner. Can I just go into an Apple store and exchange it at no cost under the warranty that comes with the device. I'm convinced that it came like this out of the box.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    790 KB · Views: 23

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
it seems like a manufacturer defect but that would need to be determined by Apple. Take it to an Apple store and see what happens, they might switch it out since it's still under warranty

EggoEspada

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
How does the process usually work? I show them the phone and they determine its a defect, then what? Is the phone exchanged right there on the spot? Will anything come out of pocket?

I've never dealt with Apple before, so the experience is pretty new to me.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
How does the process usually work? I show them the phone and they determine its a defect, then what? Is the phone exchanged right there on the spot? Will anything come out of pocket?

I've never dealt with Apple before, so the experience is pretty new to me.

They will replace it on the spot assuming they have replacements in stock ( which they should ). There will be nothing out of pocket since it is still under warranty. Backup your phone before you take it in, then restore from backup when you get home.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There are probably 100 different things that could have caused this...many of which could have happened before it even went into a box. Back it up and let Apple replace it...enjoy one of the reason's Apple products are considered the top of the food chain (IE: no non-sense customer support).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Like everyone said back it up, iCloud backup is the best. Then carry the phone, no need to carry the box, charger or cables. They will swap the SIM power on the new phone and away you go. I just replaced mine yesterday.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen