Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By eve6er69
  • 1 Post By trmoney24
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Ipheuria's Avatar

    Posts
    6,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,819 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    lol

    I'm taking my iPhone in today for a replacement. Since I was running iOS 6.1 beta I had to reload my phone anway. Also the easiest way to clear all the personal settings (Email, iCloud, iTunes, etc.) is to setup as new. So I figured what the hell why not just set it up as new and use it for the next 8 hours like that until I get it replaced. So I am using the stock, out of the box experience lol and it is going to be a lot of fun.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    Ipheuria's Avatar

    Posts
    6,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,819 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    After 3 hours my battery has gone down 1% its great! lol it's also kind of obvious because I have used my phone for a total of 5 minutes in all that time. There is nothing I can really do with it but it does make the day a whole lot more fun.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  3. #3  
    eve6er69's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,047 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    4

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    After 3 hours my battery has gone down 1% its great! lol it's also kind of obvious because I have used my phone for a total of 5 minutes in all that time. There is nothing I can really do with it but it does make the day a whole lot more fun.
    I've always been one to say "put the phone down and have fun"

    I personally thing technology as advanced us to a lazy,short term memory state. Its great that its there to help us but people live on it. Go out for a walk,run,bike ride and leave your phone in your car. The world is fun if you have people around you not on their cellphones either. Lol

    Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    bgesullo likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    Ipheuria's Avatar

    Posts
    6,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,819 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    I agree there are children who can't spell because of Spellcheck and now Siri. When I'm in a car my ☎ sits on the passenger seat and if it rings I ignore it. The way I see it before cell phones when you were in a car you were out of reach. So why is it any different now? whatever it is can wait.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  5. #5  
    eve6er69's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,047 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    4

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    I posted a theory on crackberry and the title read "I think smartphones are killing peoples personalities"

    Man there were some heated debates that happened on that thread.

    Sent from my game boy color
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    Ipheuria's Avatar

    Posts
    6,786 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,819 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    😂 I can imagine! They just become so much a part of people's lives that they are so important. It's just like the proliferation of social networks. Yet it's not making anyone more social. On Facebook I only have family and very good friends. Sure I talk to a handful of people I probably never would on different social networks due to location, etc. But for the most part most networks is more about getting individuals thoughts and opinions out there more than actually talking and being social. I have talked to more people on this forum than all the social networks put together.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  7. #7  
    eve6er69's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,047 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    4

    Default Re: Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    yeah i think people are feeling more important than they really should also with all the 'personal blog" pages. its great to be unique and express you opinion but when it gets to the point where you start picking and choosing who you talk to because you feel above them.
  8. #8  
    iRy757's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    540 Posts
    Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by eve6er69 View Post
    I've always been one to say "put the phone down and have fun"

    I personally thing technology as advanced us to a lazy,short term memory state. Its great that its there to help us but people live on it. Go out for a walk,run,bike ride and leave your phone in your car. The world is fun if you have people around you not on their cellphones either. Lol

    Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    I use my phone for work related texts and emails, social networking to communicate with friends and family, manage my bank accounts and check bank statements, pay bills, shop, etc. I'm on it most of the day, but I know when it's time not to be. I think we all do. I don't want to be victimized because my phone is a vital part of my life... I feel like you're under the impression that I'm not living life just because my phone is important to me, I'd like to not be an example of that misconception even though I meet the characteristics of your point.

    Anyways, just throwing it out there. This whole convo is extremely off the OP.


    - @iRy757
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
  9. #9  
    bgesullo's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 Beta

    Default Re: Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    I try to have time where I am phone less for some time. Some days it is a little tough cause I have to be available in case I'm in need at my store. I am sadly addicted to my phone, but I still try to find time to be without it. It is very hard because I have found ways for my phone to help me so much throughout my day with work or just staying in touch. However, there are some days where I am just sick of having my phone on my and try to avoid it as much as possible
    bgesullo
    iPhone 5 White 32GB>iPad 3 White 16GB>MacBook Pro
  10. #10  
    eve6er69's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,047 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    4

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by iRy757 View Post
    I use my phone for work related texts and emails, social networking to communicate with friends and family, manage my bank accounts and check bank statements, pay bills, shop, etc. I'm on it most of the day, but I know when it's time not to be. I think we all do. I don't want to be victimized because my phone is a vital part of my life... I feel like you're under the impression that I'm not living life just because my phone is important to me, I'd like to not be an example of that misconception even though I meet the characteristics of your point.

    Anyways, just throwing it out there. This whole convo is extremely off the OP.


    - @iRy757
    I was not singling you out. Heck I don't even know you. I'm talking about people that are hiking through the woods or visiting a Museum and they or their kids are texting away on their phone. Yes I know there are certain exceptions but not for the amount of people you see doing it.

    And the topic has changed from the op's original discussion. We're having a friendly discussion. No feelings are Bering hurt. So carry on


    Sent using Tapatalk
  11. #11  
    eve6er69's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    365 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,047 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    4

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by bgesullo View Post
    I try to have time where I am phone less for some time. Some days it is a little tough cause I have to be available in case I'm in need at my store. I am sadly addicted to my phone, but I still try to find time to be without it. It is very hard because I have found ways for my phone to help me so much throughout my day with work or just staying in touch. However, there are some days where I am just sick of having my phone on my and try to avoid it as much as possible
    I hear you. There are some days where (I have a blackberry) I keep it on bedside mode and allow only calls to come in. Of the people have my phone number then they are of importance to me.


    Sent using Tapatalk
  12. #12  
    tuffy100's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    384 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,061 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    I know it sounds terrible but I would have an awfully hard time doing this...
  13. #13  
    trmoney24's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    108 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    The worse is when you go to a group lunch or dinner and you see everyone on their phones. sure you may need to check your phone if another person is on their way, but once everyone is there, do you need to check what's going on FB or send out a text while you're in company of other people?! Sometimes I feel like I should have just stayed home and text the people I was planning dinner with since they respond to that quicker haha
    Rjgjr#IM likes this.
  14. #14  
    tekhinator's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    5.1.1 JB

    Default Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    I think smartphones just add personality to others..
  15. #15  
    mixercub's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

    Default Re: Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    The way I see it, some people need smartphones...especially if they are annoying. Then they can play games and leave me alone. Less talking= me ^-^
  16. #16  
    SweetSCBerry's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

    Default Re: Stock iPhone for a day challenge

    Quote Originally Posted by iRy757 View Post
    I use my phone for work related texts and emails, social networking to communicate with friends and family, manage my bank accounts and check bank statements, pay bills, shop, etc. I'm on it most of the day, but I know when it's time not to be. I think we all do. I don't want to be victimized because my phone is a vital part of my life... I feel like you're under the impression that I'm not living life just because my phone is important to me, I'd like to not be an example of that misconception even though I meet the characteristics of your point.

    Anyways, just throwing it out there. This whole convo is extremely off the OP.

    iRy757, What kind of bank do you have, im just curious because i am planning to switch banks..


    - @iRy757
    If I helped you - Please hit that little +REP button
    It looks like an old-school scale next to the report button

    > Blackberry Z10 - White - Verizon Wireless - Current <


    >iPhone 6 - Next Device<

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-30-2011, 02:49 PM
  2. WTS - Otterbox defender for iPhone 4 used for a day!
    By resplendent2209 in forum The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2011, 12:30 PM
  3. CandyFeast iPhone Game goes free for a day... Grab Now
    By abhiraj60 in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 03:37 AM
  4. Garden Buddy for the math challenged iphone gardeners among us...
    By islandapps in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2010, 08:19 AM
  5. Tips for gettin new iPhone on release day...
    By Mushy2012 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-13-2009, 12:03 PM

Posting Permissions

B