Why Future iPhones Will Probably Not Do Well And What Apple Can Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichat

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, first post here...
Its a little biased I guess, but would love to hear you guys shout out what's wrong and like to hear some discussion
I'm a die hard blackberry fan, so ill see if I can make any points about iphone :)

Let?s start this article with a flashback to 2007. We met the iPhone. The greatest, newest, shiniest item to enter the market. It blew android and blackberry back to their humble starts. Why? There was INNOVATION.

Let?s now skip ahead, 5 years later and see what has happened. We?ve seen 6 OS updates, 6 new phones, a new Apple CEO, Apple father Steve?s demise and a whole lot more.
The iPhone five (as most are aware of) was released to the hands of the public in early September. As always, it was no surprise to see the phone selling millions in the first few days
However, wait, slow down a second. 5 million in the first few days. Amazing right? Well, that?s a big start but we?ve got Q4 sales coming and we need to see em better than the 4S sales?.
The 4S sold around 37 MILLION
Will we see iphone 5 dish out those stats? I think not. For investors to stay happy and the apple stock to be satisfied, apple NEEDS to make an improvement over their last devices. Can they? Yes. What are the chances? Pretty good considering people waited for the device but a good start always needs a good finish!
When the 4S came out, people switched to it and now, they are stuck on the same old 2 year contract while the 5 is out.
However, the people that camped at 4 jumped straight away right at the 5.
Hopefully they can pull off record breaking sales again!
Enough with the marketing aspect, let?s get a little bit more practical?.
The iphones after the 4 are all mostly gimmicks (however some of the features I enjoy a lot on my ipad). Let me show you the change line, decide for yourself
iPhone 4: 5MP camera, 720 HD video, new iOS 4 with tons of features, new shape, new body, new look, re-invented
iPhone 4S:
8MP camera, 1080 HD video, same shape, iOS 5 with 200 features (mostly for fun), and followed iphone 4 principles. Still, bearable, Siri (rarely any practical use), 4G
iPhone 5:
8MP camera, 1080 HD video, longer shape , chrome metal (wow, It looks nice, not what I was looking for.), iOS 6 (more features), better battery (finally omfg), 4G
Rumored iPhone 5s
Laser Keyboard (whattt??)
More colors!!! ( Gimmick, no practical usage)
Sleek Design (keeping it from IPhone 5, same design? Yawwnnnm)
Improved flash and zoom (yipeeee)

So to sum it up, IPhone is old, needs to get on a pacemaker to survive?.
The pacemaker needs to consist of the following:
A brand new OS, built from scratch, I can?t take pages of apps nomore.
stop keeping us in a birds cage!!! Free up the phones man?
NEW DESIGN
STOP GIMMICKING AROUND FFS.
That?s really it,
I really hope you people agree with me the fact that putting a bow on something and packing it isn?t good.
You need to put the wrapping paper too!
So without that wrapping paper, apple can?t succeed.
I know I will be screwed for writing anti-apple stuff on iMore but anti stuff helps and improves?. And I just wanted to see you guys perspective, please no trollings and no abusive stuff, I've seen too much on crackberry.
What are YOUR thoughts?

Sent from my Nintendo NES

Last edited:

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Why Future iPhones Will Probably Fail And What Apple Can Do

Nice first post. U come to an iPhone forum to start a post saying the iPhone is dying?? Only reason iOS isn't number one in the world as far usage is because it 1 company, compared to android OS which is manufactured by at least a dozen companies/manufacture. I know you're way off and what ur trying to do here. Good luck with the troll

ichat

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

Nice first post. U come to an iPhone forum to start a post saying the iPhone is dying?? Only reason iOS isn't number one in the world as far usage is because it 1 company, compared to android OS which is manufactured by at least a dozen companies/manufacture. I know you're way off and what ur trying to do here. Good luck with the troll
Again, just a personal thought, if it is in the wrong place, please move it mods or delete it.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I don't have a problem with your post. I didn't find it disrespectful or vulgar. Thank you for that. Having said that, your post is lacking important data. For instance, you're failing to admit that although sales *may* be slightly down for the iPhone 5, it is still selling and that goes for the 4S, too. Furthermore, although a segment of the buying public would like to see a revamp of iOS and a totally redesigned iPhone for each iteration, the majority of Apple customers are content with the status quo. It's easy to get caught up in tit for tat / comparisons to other models or devices, but few people care to make comparisons based on real usage and that is where the iPhone shines. Anyway, thanks for the post and have a safe & pleasant day...:)

ichat

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't have a problem with your post. I didn't find it disrespectful or vulgar. Thank you for that. Having said that, your post is lacking important data. For instance, you're failing to admit that although sales *may* be slightly down for the iPhone 5, it is still selling and that foes for the 4S, too. Furthermore, although a segment of the buying public would like to see a revamp of iOS and a totally redesigned iPhone for each iteration, the majority of Apple customers are content with the status quo. It's easy to get caught up in tit for tat / comparisons to other models or devices, but few people care to make comparisons based on real usage and that is where the iPhone shines. Anyway, thanks for the post and have a safe & pleasant day...:)

Thanks so much for the positive post! Ill upgrade my original post with the data you gave me..
I thought was just too enclosed in blackberry, thought I could explore the world of android and ios ;)

ichat

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Now you said the users are content, I am usually content when I jailbreak, stock always bored me. So, would you be content with stock or a jailbreak?

mjs416

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Why Future iPhones Will Probably Fail And What Apple Can Do

Concur. There's no better way to scream "Hey look at me!!" than to launch one's iMore forum existence in such an inglorious fashion.

And yet there are people who refuse to engage this person in discussion and would rather utter monosyllabic insults like "troll". You are a true class act.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why Future iPhones Will Probably Fail And What Apple Can Do

And yet there are people who refuse to engage this person in discussion and would rather utter monosyllabic insults like "troll". You are a true class act.

Unlike the classless act of posting a brand new thread when the topic already exists in multiple other threads...

I'm proud you call me classless. It's a badge of honor. And an even bigger badge of honor for 'ichat' to like your post. Thank you so very, very much.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Giving Ives the control of the ascetics of the OS itself will yield tremendous results, I feel like apple is already on top of it. Good or bad the platform is much more successful than Blackberry at this point. At the end of the day its about your personal preference, nobody forces you to own a iPhone as your personal device. So find a device that suits you, personally I think Blackberry 10 looks exciting, will it do what I need it to do in order for me to enjoy the experience? Who knows, but I do know this. If it doesn't I will purchase a phone that I will enjoy, lots of choices out there and currently iPhone 5 is my choice.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yawn...

People said the same thing when the 3GS was released...then again when the 4S was released. Seems Apple is doing just fine (in fact BETTER with each new release).

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Now you said the users are content, I am usually content when I jailbreak, stock always bored me. So, would you be content with stock or a jailbreak?

Personally, I am content with the Stock UI. I have no intention of jailbreaking my devices, but I don't & won't knock anyone who does. It's their device to do as they please.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
arod-popcorn.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member