Camera quality

Status
Not open for further replies.

HafMan

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone else think that the quality is very poor?

I took this and was quite disappointed
he9yra6e.jpg

Anyone else?

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Given the small size of your picture provided, did you resize it? Are you using an Iphone 5? I assume so given the forum you have chosen.

I do not blame you for seeking assistance if you are getting photos such as that one. I tried to recreate your photo the best that I could. The picture below is using the stock camera, no flash, no hdr, no editing, indoor lighting and resized to 1632 x 1224. I might also suggest making certain the camera lense is clean of any debris and that you are tapping to focus prior to the picture. While I do typically experience noise in my low light shots, I do not experience anything near what you have provided. Perhaps if you give additional information we can inspect further.

I imagine someone with steadier hands than I could have taken a better pic, but, it's still marginally clearer than the one you provided above.

test pic.jpg

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Here's an embedded version ( which gets scaled apparently ) and a unscaled version : click here. Didn't want to insert it bc, well it's kinda big. I'm not see what you're seeing.

Attachments

• IMG_0407.JPG
    IMG_0407.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 99

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
What kind of iPhone do you have if may I ask.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

It's probably pretty safe to assume if he posted it in the iPhone 5 forum, he's using an iPhone 5.

Also...it's quite easy to make a picture look like complete crap. Here's an example...even a high end SLR will take pictures that look terrible in the wrong hands.

AHHH DUDE...this camera is crap, the iPhone 5 is the worst thing ever, look how blurry! WTF is this crap?

aBMq1.jpg

...oh, wait...nevermind.

KxqJf.jpg

HafMan

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi well I took the snap from about 8" away but I have has other pictures which I am uploading through the tapatalk app such as this one. All have been taken with an iPhone 5

uhapu7a2.jpg

So is the quality i should be expecting for the camera? I uploaded it with the best res i could 768x1024

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi well I took the snap from about 8" away but I have has other pictures which I am uploading through the tapatalk app such as this one. All have been taken with an iPhone 5

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/12/uhapu7a2.jpg
So is the quality i should be expecting for the camera? I uploaded it with the best res i could 768x1024

In my opinion this second pic is along the lines of acceptable. Like Sean mentioned, it is not that difficult to take a bad shot whether accidental or simply due to ignorance in photography (not by any means referring to you or anyone as ignorant). There are many times where I will snap several of the same photo just to be sure one is acceptable. Sometimes the focus is lost before snapping, or the angle of the camera throws off the lighting, or a last second shake of the hand. There are many variables that can throw off a picture. Remember also to keep expectations reasonable. While the camera on the iphone 5 is arguably the best cell phone camera short of Nokias, it is still a cell phone camera with a limited sensor, LED flash, etc. But I think that is one of the things you are doing here, getting a better understanding of what you can/should expect.

In the sticky section ( http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5-forum/239735-post-pictures-taken-your-iphone-5-here.html ) there is a thread where many have uploaded pictures taken with their iphone 5. That will also give you an idea of what the camera is capable of. Remember, keep the lens clean, tap to focus, steady hand, utilize HDR if the situation calls for it, experiment to see if flash helps or hinders a shot, move the focal point of the pic slightly in different directions to see if it helps or hinders (the light sensor will adjust to the natural lighting of the scene), etc.

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I agree. It's total crap. Oh wait......

*Edit* Man. The forums really mangle the image quality after you attach it.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349407397.049698.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1349407397.049698.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh