To this very day.....

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I've had an iPhone since the 3G, I've used androids in the past as well... But I still can't get over the fact that I can't delete pictures from other folders except the camera roll on the iPhone!

THIS WILL BE THE END OF ME!!
sorry I'm just letting out all my frustration ..

Anyone suggest any work arounds besides going in the MacBook and deleting them off iPhoto?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
This has been brought up many, many times—this is simply how Photos works in iOS. It's essentially the same idea behind your iTunes library:

The photos app works just like iTunes does with playlists: you have one big library, and your Albums (like playlists) are just a way to organize the photos (like songs). When you make an album, you don't make copies of photos, just different ways of sorting them—the albums are basically just shortcuts.

Think of it this way: if in iTunes you add a song to a playlist and then delete it from your library, it will also delete it from the playlist, because a playlist is just a way of organizing songs—not a way to move them or make copies of songs. Same thing with Photos on iOS.

Hope that helps; I doubt Apple will change this anytime soon.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I've had an iPhone since the 3G, I've used androids in the past as well... But I still can't get over the fact that I can't delete pictures from other folders except the camera roll on the iPhone!

THIS WILL BE THE END OF ME!!
sorry I'm just letting out all my frustration ..

Anyone suggest any work arounds besides going in the MacBook and deleting them off iPhoto?

This has been my largest gripe regarding IOS due to the fact that I do a ton with pictures on my phone. Unfortunately I have not become aware of any sort of workaround short of managing the folders on the computer. Even if you opt for a third party app that allows you to manipulate folders, you are often not truly backing up any of the pictures and that is too concerning for me. The issue itself is not enough to cause me to leave my iphone for the android platform, but it is aggrevating none-the-less. Sorry I cannot add any value toward the dilemma.

Last edited:

iKev

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I use MyPhoto in place of the native Photos app. That way, I can remove unwanted photos from the camera roll, and put photos I want to keep in albums I've created.

Plus, I still take photos with the native camera, so they're backed up in Photo Stream if I accidentally delete the wrong photo.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1355148015.625113.jpg
    ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1355148015.625113.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 54

epicness4G

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Thank you everyone for your input! My photo! Hmm i might have to check that one out.

And yeah as frustrating as it is, I still wouldn't want an android as my full time phone lol perhaps a nexus tablet but not a phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711