Should I upgrade to the 5 or not?

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted some opinions from people who have the 5. I currently have the iPhone4 and have an upgrade. I was considering upgrading to the 5. What are your thoughts/is it worth it? Should I be concerned about the iPhone coming out in the fall being alot better than the 5? What should I do and wondering if the 5 is that much better than the 4 really? Thanks

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I upgraded from the 4 to the 5 and it is much much better. The 5 is faster in everything it does from browsing the bet to opening up apps to camera operation. You will really appreciate the difference. LTE is amazing. I have reception in areas that I did not get with my 4, like inside the gym. Battery life is about the same as the 4, slightly better I would say. Do it. You will not regret it. I sure did not.

Sent from my iPhone 7

Ysaac Bautista

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Don't. Apple and Google are still having an immature fight in the sandbox. my new iPhone 5 continues to have issues with my Google account. If you don't use any Google products, then maybe you're ok. If you like Google Maps, you'll be disappointed. Apple won't allow it and there Navigation software just sucks. It won't even find the locations. As of today, my iPhone 5 won't send or receive any new gmail, iPhone STILL does not support groups in contacts, and I can go on about this for a while. Stick to earlier versions or until Apple gets it's head out of it's butt or plays nice with Google again.

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Ya I am really considering it. Phones now a days are computers and are much more than just using them for calls. My 4 works great still (a little slow and frustrating at times). Everyone seems to love the 5 and it will only get better with the iOS7 coming out eventually. I just don't wanna get this 5 then the 5S coming out next year and have that mean way better than the 5. Thoughts?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you like Google Maps, you'll be disappointed. Apple won't allow it and there Navigation software just sucks. It won't even find the locations.

Not true in my use and experience. Google Maps on iOS sucked... Apple's iOS6 Maps is much better... and Navigon is better.

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Don't. Apple and Google are still having an immature fight in the sandbox. my new iPhone 5 continues to have issues with my Google account. If you don't use any Google products, then maybe you're ok. If you like Google Maps, you'll be disappointed. Apple won't allow it and there Navigation software just sucks. It won't even find the locations. As of today, my iPhone 5 won't send or receive any new gmail, iPhone STILL does not support groups in contacts, and I can go on about this for a while. Stick to earlier versions or until Apple gets it's head out of it's butt or plays nice with Google again.

Gmail works just fine for me.

As far as navigation I've used Waze anyways...it's free and it works great.

I also made the jump from the iPhone 4 to the iPhone 5. It is a nice jump in speed and quality in my opinion. I love this phone and would not think of going back.

H_D

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site

That's funny because all of my Google apps work just fine on my iPhone 5....

Infiniti7

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
not i guess it comes down to color selection. Iv'e seen them both and my iphone4 right now is black and I said to myself that I will definitely be getting a white one next iphone i get but seeing the black iphone5 is pretty nice and sleek looking. I dont know which color to get. I want a white one but the Black looks very very nice

LSglock89

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
My iPhone 4 was black and I definitely said my next iPhone would be white...that was until they made the black so sexy. The white looks great but they made the black look so much better.

nj1266

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

Someone who joined in Dec 2012 and their first post is to bash the iPhone....Hmmmmm....My ihpone 5 has no problem with gmail. I have an account that sends and receives gmail. I suspect user error. The maps are fine on iOS6. I have had zero problems with them.

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

You do realize the OP has an iPhone 4 currently right? Meaning, chances are, they are already on ios6 and are aware of the "issues" you are describing....none of which I've had a problem with.

lauriep05

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I came from an Android phone, completely Google asked, and have had zero issues with either my contacts or gmail. I do miss Google maps, but the iPhone's maps app has gotten me to my destination all three times I have used it. I can't compare to the 4 as I didn't own one, but the 5 is absolutely terrific.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Upgrade. It's worth it. If I upgraded from 4S to the 5. I immediately noticed faster phone and LTE alone was worth it. Now imagine you from a 4 to 5. No doubt about it. Do it.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The 5 is nice. Bit overrated. I had the 4S, you get an extra row of icons and LTE. That's about it. Plus, a new model is due out by Q2 if the reports are correct.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The 5 is nice. Bit overrated. I had the 4S, you get an extra row of icons and LTE. That's about it. Plus, a new model is due out by Q2 if the reports are correct.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Agreed. Nice, but nothing dramatic. From a 4, worth it...from a 4S, up to you.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711