Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 2 Post By John Yester
  • 4 Post By Fausty82
  • 2 Post By qbnkelt
  • 2 Post By kch50428
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default i am gutted..... another bad iphone 5.... screen imperfections from factory......

i cannot tell you how annoyed and pissed i am right now

my first iphone had the creaky corner everytime you touched it..... luckily i noticed it right out of the box and returned it, decided to wait until apple got their QC together!!! i live nowhere near an apple store, all this is done via apple canada webiste

so... get my 2nd iphone yesterday and like a fool i clean out the old 4s and get the new iphone 5 all ready to go, change sim cards (old one is now no longer valid) and am about to put the screen protector on when i notice about 5 or 6 perfectly straight vertical hairline scratches on the screen.... in certain lights you cant see them, in others they are VERY noticeable... i will post a pic asap

i cant believe it!!!! now i have to buy another sim card to get back onto my 4s, send this phone back!!!!!

i may be done with the iphone 5 for a while, clearly its not in the cards for me
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: i am gutted..... another bad iphone 5.... screen imperfections from factory......

tried to take a pic, scratches dont show up.... forgot toa add, also put on a full bodyguardz on the back and sides just to add insult to injury!!!

anyone else see these little tiny hairline scratches on their screen from the factory? i did some searching and coudnt find anything similar
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Default Re: i am gutted..... another bad iphone 5.... screen imperfections from factory......

just got a return label... she tried to send me a complimentary screen protector and case cause they know their phones are scratched.... i told her no way, i want a refund

brutal.... i am off the iphone, i see everyone else loving their iphone 5 why cant i!!!!!!
    iPhone Beginner

Default i am gutted..... another bad iphone 5.... screen imperfections from factory......

This is technology. We have to remember nothing is perfect. Yes it's an inconvenience but these things happen even with Apple. I'm sure everything will work out okay.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

thx for the post

well, i had to buy a sim card for the 5 which is now no good, have to buy another for my old 4s so that i cant get that phone up and running again... i wasted a full back bodyguardz on it as well... so i am out 50$+++

i was hoping that apple would get it together but i guess not... gonna stay with the 4s till 2013 and see what happens then
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by miker2005 View Post
    i cannot tell you how annoyed and pissed i am right now

my first iphone had the creaky corner everytime you touched it..... luckily i noticed it right out of the box and returned it, decided to wait until apple got their QC together!!! i live nowhere near an apple store, all this is done via apple canada webiste

so... get my 2nd iphone yesterday and like a fool i clean out the old 4s and get the new iphone 5 all ready to go, change sim cards (old one is now no longer valid) and am about to put the screen protector on when i notice about 5 or 6 perfectly straight vertical hairline scratches on the screen.... in certain lights you cant see them, in others they are VERY noticeable... i will post a pic asap

i cant believe it!!!! now i have to buy another sim card to get back onto my 4s, send this phone back!!!!!

i may be done with the iphone 5 for a while, clearly its not in the cards for me
    This is quite shocking 2 times in a row, sucks. But don't blame "Apple" or your Carrier for that matter, as these phones are sealed in China at Foxxcon and no one in the states or the great north sees what's inside until they arrive. I'm sure if you explain your mishap with Apple they will be more then happy to help you. Remember treat/ talk to them as you would want from somebody else. You might be stoked on what they can do for you.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,949 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Apple will replace it via mail and I think body guard will exchange the protectors under warranty

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    5,638 Global Posts

Doesnt suprise me

Global Posts
    15,825 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Quote Originally Posted by Bold_until_Hybrid_Comes View Post
    Doesnt suprise me
    Really......

Let it go..
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Thanked by:
    Fausty82 (01-24-2013), mikeo007 (01-24-2013), Slammers08 (01-25-2013)
    Fausty82 and Slammers08 like this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Doesnt suprise me
    Way to waltz in and troll the forums.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    Thanked by:
    Heisenberg (01-26-2013), qbnkelt (01-25-2013)
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts

Perhaps it would be prudent to inspect your next device before you wipe your 4 and install accessories... Make sure you backup too!

Doesnt suprise me
    Really.....

Because tons of iPhones have had problems with quality control......

Say.....

How did all those nuked and bricked Blackberry 99xx work for those people who got stuck with them?

I know what I did.....

I got an iPhone 4S so that I would never get stuck without a phone again....

Like when BB service down and left everybody high and dry for four days.

Really.....things not exciting enough waiting for BB10 that you need to go to other forums to disrupt????

Pathetic.
    Thanked by:
    03_CTD (01-25-2013), Slammers08 (01-25-2013)
    Slammers08 and 03_CTD like this.

Global Posts
    12,138 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Doesnt suprise me
    Another Crackberry cat soiling the iMore sandbox...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    mikeo007 and 03_CTD like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    9,525 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Their avatar picture looks like they are eating a rat...or an old wall phone...probably the latter since they seem to have an affinity for dying technology.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson