Charging Question

Rube8514

Jan 1, 1970
Visit site
I work in a building that blocks all cell reception. My iPhone stays in extended coverage to very horrible 3g coverage. Needless to say, my battery drains like crazy while I am in this building 10 hours a day. While I am there, I keep my phone plugged in basically all day so I can listen to music. Is this bad for the battery to stay plugged in all day?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Well I belive that is not good for your battery to stay plugged in all day, since according to experts it can overcharge it and high temperatures are definitely not good for your battery, they also need to go through normal cycles. So there some things that you can do to help improve your battery life and reduce the need of having it plugged in all day: if you have no/poor reception I'd recommed you to turn off 3G remember that looking for signal is one the things that drains your battery really fast, youn can try that and see how it goes.

Here are some more tips you can follow to improve it --> Tips To Improve iPhone 5's Battery Life

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
You cannot overcharge the iPhone battery. The circuitry protects it.

There is no harm in leaving it plugged in all day.

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so my bad! you guys were right, still some sources (like lifehacker, battery university) do not recommend it for lithium-ion batteries.
But after some more research, found that 9to5mac got an official statement from Apple about that matter --> http://goo.gl/xrVz3
Now I can be certain and not worry when I leave my iDevices plugged in.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative