How Much Would You Pay for Cracked Screen Repair

GulfCoastToad

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Different angle on the question than normal. I'm considering taking a job with a company that trains and licenses mobile iPhone techs who charge their own prices to fix cracked screens, wet phones, dead batteries, etc.

Those of you with AppleCare+ or full service warranties are already taken care of. Next thread for you. Everyone else, what would you pay for this? The repair would void your Apple warranty, but the company would guarantee their work for life. Techs are mobile and can come to your home or work. Screen replacement in 30 mins or so.

Lets hear it.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Different angle on the question than normal. I'm considering taking a job with a company that trains and licenses mobile iPhone techs who charge their own prices to fix cracked screens, wet phones, dead batteries, etc.

Those of you with AppleCare+ or full service warranties are already taken care of. Next thread for you. Everyone else, what would you pay for this? The repair would void your Apple warranty, but the company would guarantee their work for life. Techs are mobile and can come to your home or work. Screen replacement in 30 mins or so.

Lets hear it.

Voids ur Apple Warranty??? Not sure I'd take that risk. What do u guarantee for life? The screen, the entire phone itself?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Also, do expedited shipping to and from for an affordable price and you'll also pull in so much more business. A company that would charge what the USPS actually charges for express mail parcels would really be attractive in a world where so many companies try to make money on shipping all the time. A price set of $89.99 and a turn around time of a few days with shipping at $8-$10 to the lower 48 would make a killing.

GulfCoastToad

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Voids ur Apple Warranty??? Not sure I'd take that risk. What do u guarantee for life? The screen, the entire phone itself?

Let me preface this with I don't work for this company yet, so less that 110% sure of everything. My understanding is that opening the phone and replacing parts voids the original Apple warranty. That shouldn't be a big surprise.

The parts installed are what is guaranteed for life. So if I replace your screen and then it stops working, you're covered for free. If you drop it again and crack the new screen, that's on you. If I replace your home button and then your volume button goes out, that's on you.

GulfCoastToad

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Also, do expedited shipping to and from for an affordable price and you'll also pull in so much more business. A company that would charge what the USPS actually charges for express mail parcels would really be attractive in a world where so many companies try to make money on shipping all the time. A price set of $89.99 and a turn around time of a few days with shipping at $8-$10 to the lower 48 would make a killing.

Gonna try to stay out of the shipping game for now and just do local repairs. There are over 1,000,000 people in my city, so plenty of potential customers within a 10 mile radius.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Dropping the phone and breaking the screen voids the manufacturers warranty first. Having someone else go in and repair the device doesnt affect the original warranty. Its already gone.
If you have someone else fix it, use substandard parts and then later said person tries to send to apple, that throws up a big red flag to void any repairs and send phone back as non warrant-able.
Also, any tech who claims they can fix water damage is in my opinion a con artist. Liquid damage electronics are a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, or in this case stop working.
For the record, i do repair smart phones and tablets. Been a tech for years. I am up front and honest with my customers. Liquid damage is one of those things you really cant fix. Sure something might work now but its more likely, key word is more, likely to fail. So any liquid device has a higher failure rate as time goes on. Its better to replace a liquid damage unit then repair it. Now you can salvage parts, as long as you can verify the parts you salvage never had liquid damage.
One thing your forgetting in this query for pricing, what are your parts cost? Ive got several suppliers. Primary for OEM and Primary for Aftermarket.
I make my money on the labor and dont rally jack up the price of the parts. I have a few corporate customers who demand OEM, and thats what they get. For the budget minded person i will offer aftermarket. I my self have used them on my phone just to test them out.
GulfCoastToad you should contact me off list. Part of your original statement of a company training people then letting them set thier own price makes me wonder if its a scheme to make you buy parts from them. But i wont go into the details..
Anyway, hit me up if your interested in talking..

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
4/4s 70 bucks out the door ... My local shop charges this can do a screen in less than 20 min
They have tons of customers used to do mobile and then got so busy they opened a shop ..

They don't do iphone 5 yet because the price would be too high but I'm sure as soon as they can get the screens they will be doing it ..

They do iPads for 90 bucks

And also offer home button .. Power button .. Battery .. Charging dock etc all for like 30 bucks
And color swaps are like 90 to 100

They have 150 5 star yelp reviews and warranty there work more 5 star reviews pending

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711