iPhone 5 cracked screen need help

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Cracked screen iphone 5 only had for month and a half. No insurance and no apple care+. What can I do?

Should note local places asking $350-$400 to repair and have to order parts.

Last edited:

ChrisLuce#IM

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Well, if local places are asking those prices you might as well take it to Apple or use it as is until the prices come down.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Cracked screen iphone 5 only had for month and a half. No insurance and no apple care+. What can I do?

Should note local places asking $350-$400 to repair and have to order parts.

If you are not capable of replacing it yourself then your best bet is to go into your local Apple store and pay them whatever they ask. Will be cheaper than buying a new phone.

rscott016

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Ya sorry about the duplicate post didn't see it at the time then right after I noticed it. The pone that's broke is a friends and I recommended going to apple which is about 45 minutes way. Just from hearing of others who have had good luck going there $229 is still better than any other options. I live in NE btw if that matters...I know someone asked.

GuardDogTech

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
The problem in cost for cell phone repair shops. The cheapest I could find the iPhone 5 digitizer was for $149, but this is always the case for new phones regardless of manufacturer. They now they have you by your jewels unless your going to get a new phone "out of contract." I have already repaired a few of these, and nobody is ever happy with the price but I'm also below $250 for the replacement. Let me know if I can help, but Apple sounds like the way to go!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The parts pool for the iPhone 5 is very shallow right now...and parts are running a premium, even with bulk orders. I have a buddy here in Atlanta that does iPhone repairs on the side to pay for bills, and he said he's having a tough time giving people a good deal because cheap parts are few and far between. Right now, if i were you and you need a screen replaced, I'd go to Apple and pony up the $229...you don't have to wait for anything because they just give you a replacement phone and send yours off to be refurbished for someone else. Makes more sense than paying a 3rd party premium money right now...screen replacement away from Apple should never exceed $150 in my opinion, but it will probably be a while before we see those low prices from the private shops because the parts just arn't out there for them to make a profit yet (in large quantity that is).

ls108

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Thinking you can this place to see what they charge.. I know they can fix the 4S.. so I dont know if they can fix a screen on the 5 866-929-DROP (3767)

duncaterro

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 5 comes with a year of applecare
12a3.jpg

annabeee

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I just bought my phone and clumsy me falls out of a car with my phone in my
Pocket and it cracks. Could anyone help me fix the front screen for a reasonable price? Please I'm in tears.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Too expensive? Out of contract/full price phone would be at least $649 for the 16GB model. $649 > $229. #justsaying

I think some people don't understand you can't buy it for $200 all the home, and that's only an upgrade/contract price. I hear it from people all the time when they hear about used phone prices.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234