Broken screen

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know the cost to get screen replaced on iPhone 5? Dropped from my pocket and landed flat on the screen.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Check some of your local repair places. You can get your screen replaced for anywhere between $80 and $150, depending on where you live.

sj-performance

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
In Miami a place by Doral charges $80-$100 for them. Been doing them for years and they are recognized for great work.

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
You sure about that? I got this directly off the apple website..

iPhone model Out-of-Warranty Service
iPhone 5 $229
iPhone 4S $199
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
iPhone 3G, Original iPhone $149

Also not sure where you guys found the info that companies will fix iphone 5 for 80-150 bucks..
I did a quick google search for iphone 5 repair and it was in the 200 plus range..
If your finding iPhone 5 (not 4 or 4s) repairs for that much provide the OP with some links..

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
He can always mail the iphone to a repair center. More to the point i was trying to get these guys to point out where they saw iPhone 5 repairs for so cheap.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
He can always mail the iphone to a repair center. More to the point i was trying to get these guys to point out where they saw iPhone 5 repairs for so cheap.

What difference does it make - will you travel thousands of miles to come to our towns to get your phone fixed?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
apple store is 2 miles from my house. Gonna go there tomorrow.

If you have an Apple store within 2 miles of your house, chances are you also have independent shops near you that do these repairs for substantially cheaper and typically provide a good warranty on their work (at least that has been the experience i have heard about in my area). I do know that the iPhone 5 screen replacement rate was higher than the other phones though (I'm thinking it's primarily because it's new and they can, not so much because it requires extra work or significantly more expensive parts).

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Alli, once again you have failed to see the point i was trying to make..

They were claiming to have found places to repair broken screens on an iPhone 5 for 80 to 100, and another said 80 to 150.
By doing a quick google search i found several stores online offering iPhone 5 front glass repair for 225+.
Im trying to get the proper information out there as to what the original poster can expect to pay for this.
Apple will fix it for 229 plus your shipping costs.
Also i do not need to travel thousands of miles to get my phone fixed. I am able to utilize this amazing technology called Shipping. USPS, FedEx, UPS. Instead of ME traveling all that way with my phone, i can simply ship my phone to a repair center.

One more time, my point was to get the proper pricing to the original poster, the correct information, not misinformation.

gdruin74

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Apple store told me 229 to replace phone. But when called customer support they dropped price to 149. This is much less than I have seen just the screen for.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Apple store told me 229 to replace phone. But when called customer support they dropped price to 149. This is much less than I have seen just the screen for.

Then I hope you accepted their offer to replace it for $149... if not and it was some kind of mix up I promise they will not honor that price if it was wrong.

gadgetsurgery

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
For this you have to check my profile and visit the site which i give in my signature, you can find all the rates for iphone related any problem and send your gadget with us and get it within the same day or go to gadgetsurgery[dot]co[dot]uk

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
This early in it's lifecycle it's almost better to just pay apple the $229 ... If you are really sweet and have a compelling story they may not charge you at all, you may be surprised.