Apple you really dropped the ball with this one!!

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

Oh Lord where do I start??? hmmmmmmmm

1. Battery Life
  2. WiFi connectivity issues
  3. Contacts floating in Apple Space Somewhere
  4. Daughters songs won't play (on her phone)....they're there, but they won't play

The first two are common. But the third is really baffeling to me. Some on my contacts cannot be found in contacts. When they call me or I text them, all their info shows up. But without a previous call or text, I have to text them to call me!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Oh Lord where do I start??? hmmmmmmmm

1. Battery Life
  2. WiFi connectivity issues
  3. Contacts floating in Apple Space Somewhere
  4. Daughters songs won't play (on her phone)....they're there, but they won't play

The first two are common. But the third is really baffeling to me. Some on my contacts cannot be found in contacts. When they call me or I text them, all their info shows up. But without a previous call or text, I have to text them to call me!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

How do you text them if you can't call them ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
CONTACTS.jpg
TAB TEXT.jpg

In the pic of my contacts you don't see Tabitha Smith. But in the pic of a text, I typed her name in and her info came up.

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Phone - contacts - groups - make sure the correct group/groups of contacts are checked. That's all I can think of.

Roll-tide..you are my new hero!!! I am so happy I could just kiss you 😜 (but I know people would talk)!!

Now if you can solve issue #4 with my daughters phone and get her off my back.....I just may kiss you!! 😜

Have a great day!!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
regarding the music issue, maybe try plugging into iTunes - remove all music then add back again (via syncing)

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Roll-tide..you are my new hero!!! I am so happy I could just kiss you 😜 (but I know people would talk)!!

Now if you can solve issue #4 with my daughters phone and get her off my back.....I just may kiss you!! 😜

Have a great day!!

Lol well I'm just glad i was right for once. As for the music I'd agree with the above, maybe that will work

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Is the music in the right apple ID for the phone?

Yes. We each have seperate iTunes accounts.

She says that if the album cover is not with the song, it won't play. This music is all the same songs she had on her iPhone 4. To my knowledge she did get all her apps OK.

Thanks guys!! Y'all are the best!!

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
It will play without the Album art. Can she see the music it the library? I had this problem on a few songs. Delete the song from the phone and re-download from the phone. Make sure she's on wifi. Go to the iTunes Store and click purchased music and re download from the phone. That fixed my problems. Once you sync it to the computer again it should fix the file.

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
What the prob with the music is. You can no longer get music on your phone unless you 'purchased' it. I had an extensive collection that I had transferred from my computer. I can see it in iTunes, but they will not download or go to iCloud.

I might have found a way through 'home sharing'. I didn't get to finish because I had to bring my daughter to practice, but I will as soon as I get home.

Cross your fingers!!

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Well if the music is in iTunes, just sync it using the cable to her phone.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
Apple didnt drop the ball, you did!

Well let's see.......I am just now starting my third year owning any Apple product and no computer training whatsoever, so I think I am allowed to drop the ball once in a while. If you sync through iCloud....it will not transfer music that you did not buy from iTunes. But somehow I managed to get my music on.

I'd say I'm somewhat proud of my ball dropping!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well let's see.......I am just now starting my third year owning any Apple product and no computer training whatsoever, so I think I am allowed to drop the ball once in a while. If you sync through iCloud....it will not transfer music that you did not buy from iTunes. But somehow I managed to get my music on.

I'd say I'm somewhat proud of my ball dropping!!

This is just a suggestion, but maybe next time instead of dogging the product right off the bat, ask some questions first? It would seem your issues were more of a user error than a problem with the product, and the first two things you listed were just things you grabbed off the internet as so called "problems".

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
This is just a suggestion, but maybe next time instead of dogging the product right off the bat, ask some questions first? It would seem your issues were more of a user error than a problem with the product, and the first two things you listed were just things you grabbed off the internet as so called "problems".

People don't grab things off the internet per say.

All users operate their device differently day in and day out. Everyone uses different settings, applications, etc. So when it comes to battery life. It's worth suggesting to the user a battery tip thread.

I may not have problems and you may not, but that does not mean other people are not having setup issues and configuration problems..

As for WiFi issues, yes some may say it's a known problem.... But again every user is different, so many different routers and connect settings, security etc.

Though the OP showed a bit of frustration towards their device, it was not meant towards us as end users. We are not here to defend phones......

Bottom line let's try to show some helpful support rather than showing people the door...

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
People don't grab things off the internet per say.

All users operate their device differently day in and day out. Everyone uses different settings, applications, etc. So when it comes to battery life. It's worth suggesting to the user a battery tip thread.

I may not have problems and you may not, but that does not mean other people are not having setup issues and configuration problems..

As for WiFi issues, yes some may say it's a known problem.... But again every user is different, so many different routers and connect settings, security etc.

Though the OP showed a bit of frustration towards their device, it was not meant towards us as end users. We are not here to defend phones......

Bottom line let's try to show some helpful support rather than showing people the door...

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
I have migrated to the Apple world and still highly recommend iPhones & iPads to everyone. I just thought that since this was a community for people that use these products, I was allowed to express my frustration. I sinced learned, and won't make that mistake again!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711