Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Default Apple you really dropped the ball with this one!!

Oh Lord where do I start??? hmmmmmmmm

1. Battery Life
    2. WiFi connectivity issues
    3. Contacts floating in Apple Space Somewhere
    4. Daughters songs won't play (on her phone)....they're there, but they won't play

The first two are common. But the third is really baffeling to me. Some on my contacts cannot be found in contacts. When they call me or I text them, all their info shows up. But without a previous call or text, I have to text them to call me!!!

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l

Global Posts
    4,734 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Lisacj View Post

Oh Lord where do I start??? hmmmmmmmm

1. Battery Life
    2. WiFi connectivity issues
    3. Contacts floating in Apple Space Somewhere
    4. Daughters songs won't play (on her phone)....they're there, but they won't play

The first two are common. But the third is really baffeling to me. Some on my contacts cannot be found in contacts. When they call me or I text them, all their info shows up. But without a previous call or text, I have to text them to call me!!!
    How do you text them if you can't call them ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    How do you text them if you can't call them ?

Yeah that really confused me.

Global Posts
    4,734 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Quote Originally Posted by Retconaddict View Post
    Yeah that really confused me.
    I would restore your phone and setup as new

5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Default Re: Apple you really dropped the ball with this one!!

Apple you really dropped the ball with this one!!-contacts.jpg
    Apple you really dropped the ball with this one!!-tab-text.jpg

In the pic of my contacts you don't see Tabitha Smith. But in the pic of a text, I typed her name in and her info came up.

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CONTACTS.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	23571
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TAB TEXT.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	4.6 KB 
ID:	23570

In the pic of my contacts you don't see Tabitha Smith. But in the pic of a text, I typed her name in and her info came up.
    Phone - contacts - groups - make sure the correct group/groups of contacts are checked. That's all I can think of.
    Thanked by:
    Lisacj (12-02-2012)
    Lisacj likes this.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    Phone - contacts - groups - make sure the correct group/groups of contacts are checked. That's all I can think of.
    Roll-tide..you are my new hero!!! I am so happy I could just kiss you 😜 (but I know people would talk)!!

Now if you can solve issue #4 with my daughters phone and get her off my back.....I just may kiss you!! 😜

Have a great day!!

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,509 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

regarding the music issue, maybe try plugging into iTunes - remove all music then add back again (via syncing)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Is the music in the right apple ID for the phone?
    robert
    iPhone 5 32GB (VZW)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Roll-tide..you are my new hero!!! I am so happy I could just kiss you 😜 (but I know people would talk)!!

Now if you can solve issue #4 with my daughters phone and get her off my back.....I just may kiss you!! 😜

Have a great day!!
    Lol well I'm just glad i was right for once. As for the music I'd agree with the above, maybe that will work
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Is the music in the right apple ID for the phone?
    Yes. We each have seperate iTunes accounts.

She says that if the album cover is not with the song, it won't play. This music is all the same songs she had on her iPhone 4. To my knowledge she did get all her apps OK.

Thanks guys!! Y'all are the best!!

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    236 Global Posts

It will play without the Album art. Can she see the music it the library? I had this problem on a few songs. Delete the song from the phone and re-download from the phone. Make sure she's on wifi. Go to the iTunes Store and click purchased music and re download from the phone. That fixed my problems. Once you sync it to the computer again it should fix the file.
    Thanked by:
    Alli (12-02-2012)
    Lisacj likes this.
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

What the prob with the music is. You can no longer get music on your phone unless you 'purchased' it. I had an extensive collection that I had transferred from my computer. I can see it in iTunes, but they will not download or go to iCloud.

I might have found a way through 'home sharing'. I didn't get to finish because I had to bring my daughter to practice, but I will as soon as I get home.

Cross your fingers!!

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l

Global Posts
    2,458 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Well if the music is in iTunes, just sync it using the cable to her phone.

iPhone 5 ✲ iPad 3 WiFi ✲ Macbook Pro running Lion 10.8.2 ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

Beamed from a galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk!
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,956 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Apple dropped the ball huh? lol...
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts

Apple didnt drop the ball, you did!
  17. Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2c View Post
    Apple didnt drop the ball, you did!
    Well let's see.......I am just now starting my third year owning any Apple product and no computer training whatsoever, so I think I am allowed to drop the ball once in a while. If you sync through iCloud....it will not transfer music that you did not buy from iTunes. But somehow I managed to get my music on.

I'd say I'm somewhat proud of my ball dropping!!

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    roll-tide likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,956 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Well let's see.......I am just now starting my third year owning any Apple product and no computer training whatsoever, so I think I am allowed to drop the ball once in a while. If you sync through iCloud....it will not transfer music that you did not buy from iTunes. But somehow I managed to get my music on.

I'd say I'm somewhat proud of my ball dropping!!
    This is just a suggestion, but maybe next time instead of dogging the product right off the bat, ask some questions first? It would seem your issues were more of a user error than a problem with the product, and the first two things you listed were just things you grabbed off the internet as so called "problems".
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Global Posts
    14,978 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    This is just a suggestion, but maybe next time instead of dogging the product right off the bat, ask some questions first? It would seem your issues were more of a user error than a problem with the product, and the first two things you listed were just things you grabbed off the internet as so called "problems".
    People don't grab things off the internet per say.

All users operate their device differently day in and day out. Everyone uses different settings, applications, etc. So when it comes to battery life. It's worth suggesting to the user a battery tip thread.

I may not have problems and you may not, but that does not mean other people are not having setup issues and configuration problems..

As for WiFi issues, yes some may say it's a known problem.... But again every user is different, so many different routers and connect settings, security etc.

Though the OP showed a bit of frustration towards their device, it was not meant towards us as end users. We are not here to defend phones......

Bottom line let's try to show some helpful support rather than showing people the door...
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Thanked by:
    sj-performance (12-03-2012)
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post

All users operate their device differently day in and day out. Everyone uses different settings, applications, etc. So when it comes to battery life. It's worth suggesting to the user a battery tip thread.

I may not have problems and you may not, but that does not mean other people are not having setup issues and configuration problems..

As for WiFi issues, yes some may say it's a known problem.... But again every user is different, so many different routers and connect settings, security etc.

Though the OP showed a bit of frustration towards their device, it was not meant towards us as end users. We are not here to defend phones......

Bottom line let's try to show some helpful support rather than showing people the door...
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
    I have migrated to the Apple world and still highly recommend iPhones & iPads to everyone. I just thought that since this was a community for people that use these products, I was allowed to express my frustration. I sinced learned, and won't make that mistake again!!

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    iMore Beginner

Don't sweat the small stuff and try to take the keyboard commandos with a grain of salt.
    robertk328 and Lisacj like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,349 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

welcome abroad. enjoy your iphone 5
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
    Lisacj likes this.

Global Posts
    5,068 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
    I have migrated to the Apple world and still highly recommend iPhones & iPads to everyone. I just thought that since this was a community for people that use these products, I was allowed to express my frustration. I sinced learned, and won't make that mistake again!!
    Frustration is ok. What some people were objecting to was the phrasing "Apple you really dropped the ball..." which automatically suggests that the fault is with Apple.

The fault may or may not have been with Apple, but if instead you had said something like "I'm having these problems…I've already tried…to fix them and I'm getting really frustrated. Can anyone help?", then people wouldn't have been critical.
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

If it was that big of a deal how did the thread get through 14 posts of actual useful help before the topic was derailed? The iPad thread where the person is asking for links to everything that is EASILY found is where you need to spend your free time if it seems you've found some.
    robert
    iPhone 5 32GB (VZW)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    7,956 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post

I think helpful support is wonderful...and it does make for a strong and legitimate community. Here's the thing though, we meet frustration daily with various things...from the smallest inconvenience to the biggest major event...and because we're human, our nature tends to lead us to find a direction in which to point a finger. I understand this, hell...i DO this. But like my post said, i was simply suggesting in the future that instead of making the blanket term "Apple really dropped the ball with this one", implying that the product itself is some kind of problem, that maybe asking questions so that the community could help him without this kind of lashing out would be better suited.

No one was shown the door, it was a simple suggestion...take it or leave it. And people most certainly DO grab things off the internet as i was implying, when they start listing complaints that they've read about or heard about (but not necessarily experienced first hand)...people sometimes thrive on hype, Im not saying he was, but the listing of "issues" was peculiar since the problems he really wanted to resolve were the last 2, which turned out to be more of a settings issue than anything else on his end, leaving one to wonder why the first two were even brought up...or if it was more of an attempt to sensationalize the topic.

Either way, i hope the guy found help...but i still stand by the idea that while a welcoming attitude certainly helps bring new members and strengthens a community, so does nipping negative lashing out in the **** before it gets out of hand, frustration or not. I mean if my computer starts having issues (that may or may not be caused by me), why would i think going into an Apple store or coming on a community forum and just trashing the product right off the bat is going to yield better assistance?

To the OP...by all means express whatever emotion you feel is proper, I'm nobodies daddy here, I'm not here to tell you what to do or not do, which is why in my previous post i just said it was a suggestion, a way to better migrate into this rather helpful forum. I mean honestly, if i was having big problems with my iPhone, I'd be frustrated too...but when a new member comes in and right from the get go titles a help thread "Apple really dropped the ball with this one...", it just doesn't speak well towards what many would EXPECT coming...you may have meant nothing by it, but 10 other new users may be coming in with the typical troll tidal wave. I hope that makes sense.
    gvndeb60 and John Yester like this.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast