Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    15,482 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

Default Re: Apple you really dropped the ball with this one!!

Well stated. I appreciate the reply and more in depth explanation.
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

SeanHRCC likes this.
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #27  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

First of all....."HE HE HE" is really a "she she she". Maybe we all have our off moments.

Secondly, although I am new to this site, I have started 9 threads since sometime in August....no of which were complaints.

Thirdly, In another posts about the battery issue, somebody had offered a suggestion. No, I don't like how quickly it drains, but since I am always with a charger it's not that important to me.

And yes, I have problems with it connecting to some Wi-Fi's and when it does connect it won't stay in it. But I'm not sure if that is the phone or the Wi-Fi.

The iPhone 4 was the first smart phone I ever had. I don't remember any issues with it until it had seen it's share of wear and tear. So yea, I think the 5 is not near as good. as MY 4 was.

I am a single working mother that lives almost an hour from an Apple Store, so I hadn't been able to take it in.

Are there any other "issues" you have with me???
    BTW, my name is Lisa.

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,814 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Apple you really dropped the ball with this one!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lisacj View Post
    First of all....."HE HE HE" is really a "she she she". Maybe we all have our off moments.

Secondly, although I am new to this site, I have started 9 threads since sometime in August....no of which were complaints.

Thirdly, In another posts about the battery issue, somebody had offered a suggestion. No, I don't like how quickly it drains, but since I am always with a charger it's not that important to me.

And yes, I have problems with it connecting to some Wi-Fi's and when it does connect it won't stay in it. But I'm not sure if that is the phone or the Wi-Fi.

The iPhone 4 was the first smart phone I ever had. I don't remember any issues with it until it had seen it's share of wear and tear. So yea, I think the 5 is not near as good. as MY 4 was.

I am a single working mother that lives almost an hour from an Apple Store, so I hadn't been able to take it in.

BTW, my name is Lisa.
    Hi Lisa welcome

If setting up as new don't fix battery issue and wifi
    I would def take the trip to apple they will make it right
    Let them know that you have restored and setup as new and it still has issues
    They will most likely replace your phone

I agree there has been issues with some people's 5
    I am a lucky one who pre ordered and my phone is flawless and gets great battery life to the amount of 8 to 10 hours of usage time.

Great part about apple unlike other company's is they will stand behind there product so they will fix it

I know the drive may really suck and its a pain if you have to load up kids too I know how that can be being a father myself

I know you just want a phone that works so I think even with the hassle it is worth taking it in
    Hopefully they can take care of you let them know how far you have come etc

If you get a new phone and have same issues let me know and I can help you trouble shoot further to determine what the issue might be
    Hope you get it resolved any questions l can help with let me know
    My name is Robert

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    gvndeb60 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

BTW, my name is Lisa.
    Oh lord...sorry lady, i guess i should have made it less sex specific, lol. I tend to come across brash at times, just my nature i suppose.

I don't have any issues with you, i don't even know you and i hate the fact that you're having issues with your iPhone, i wish that everyone's experience with it could be as effortless as my own, and can understand frustration when that doesn't happen. That said, my issue was with your post title, and it really wasn't even a big deal, i was just suggesting a more civil way of participating with the community, but hey, if you feel the iPhone is a piece of junk by all means, do as you will...after all it is a free country and a some what free forum.

I apologize if i offended you personally, that was not the intent, i just wasn't keen with the intro to the thread is all, and just spoke my opinion.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    Thanked by:
    Lisacj (12-03-2012)

Global Posts
    3,353 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Lisa, have you still not been able to sync the non-purchased music by connecting your phone
    to iTunes? As long as non-purchased music is available in iTunes, the songs should be able
    to sync if you have it setup that way on iTunes.

When the phone is connected to iTunes, go to the "Music" tab and you'll see where you can
    select music to sync.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

:o
    I sincerely appreciate the apology!! Honestly, I didn't get offended that you didn't like the title (it was in the weee hours of the morn and my brain was not functioning), I got offended when you basically said I must be lying about the battery and Wi-Fi and that I looked that up.

I am a rather easy going person and will pick my battles. My biggest issue was the contacts and that was solved (and I did blush quite a bit when I realized how simple that was). I still love the phone (not to mention the additional respect when peeps see you have the 5....hahah). I just saw many people with their issues so I joined in.

Guess that's what I get for being a follower!!!

Thank you again!!

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #32  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

I wouldn't show up. I even tried to back up my 4 a second time and no luck. I did however figure out the "back door" that I used to get it on the 4. Prior to buying the 4, I was a Windows woman. I know my way around computers and can usually figure out what I don't know. iTunes was confusing to me for a while though....and if they don't stop changing it, it will stay confusing!!

I doubt I will ever afford a Mac, but I AM getting an iPad. I really do like the Apple products and especially the apps!!

Formererly forever29
    If that means what I think you mean.....when did you finally give it up??? I'm still sticking to my story!!

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l

Global Posts
    3,353 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

[COLOR="#696969"]

If that means what I think you mean.....when did you finally give it up??? I'm still sticking to my story!! [/SIZE]
    Huh?
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

How odd!! I quoted "Formerly forever29"

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

How odd!! I quoted "Formerly forever29"
    Heisenberg's user name used to be forever29... thus, he is "Formerly forever29".
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,814 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I wouldn't show up. I even tried to back up my 4 a second time and no luck. I did however figure out the "back door" that I used to get it on the 4. Prior to buying the 4, I was a Windows woman. I know my way around computers and can usually figure out what I don't know. iTunes was confusing to me for a while though....and if they don't stop changing it, it will stay confusing!!

I doubt I will ever afford a Mac, but I AM getting an iPad. I really do like the Apple products and especially the apps!!

If that means what I think you mean.....when did you finally give it up??? I'm still sticking to my story!!
    So you and your daughter have different apple iD the music on iTunes is prob tied to your apple Id .. Try authorizing your iTunes with her apple ID then re sync the music

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Edit: ...blah blah...
    Last edited by robertk328; 12-03-2012 at 07:19 PM.
    robert
    iPhone 5 32GB (VZW)
    iPad Mini 32GB (WiFi)
    iPad 2 3G 32GB (AT&T)
    Quickly sync files between your desktop and iPhone with DropBox
    Keep passwords secure with Lastpass
  13. Thread AuthorThread Author   #38  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

I was inquiring about wether forever29 was in referance to your age. My exhusband was about 3 years younger than me. Although age has never been anissue with me, I jokingly told our 6 year old daughter that I was 29 and he was 3 years older than me. For over 2 years he tried and tried to tell her that was not true but for whatever reason she wouldn't believe him. It really was funny as hell. Now that I'm......a little past that, it is still a joke with my daughter and I about me being 29. When I saw that on your post, I just laughed and laughed.

As a friend of mine told me the other day, I've been 29 so many times, that hopefully I'll get it right and make it to 30!!

I just wanted to explain to you my comment.

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I really didn't have time to read through every comment past the first page so are you still having issues or have you pretty much figured out all the problems?
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    I really didn't have time to read through every comment past the first page so are you still having issues or have you pretty much figured out all the problems?
    So because you're lazy, you're wanting someone else to basically sum up the entire thread for you?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    So because you're lazy, you're wanting someone else to basically sum up the entire thread for you?
    do you know how to read? it seems like you don't since my reply was directly under the OP's last post. If you notice at the end I said did you figure out all your problems. It was a question I don't need any summary I just need to know if the OP is still having problems so that I can give some suggestions on solutions.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    434 Global Posts

It was a question I don't need any summary I just need to know if the OP is still having problems so that I can give some suggestions on solutions.
    Do YOU know how to read? Just saying, if you did then you would have your answer.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    Do YOU know how to read? Just saying, if you did then you would have your answer.
    KTHXBAI
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #44  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

I am about to put you both in seperate corners!! I have decided this is going to be a HAPPY DAY if I have to beat happy into people!!!

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    Fausty82 likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,814 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

I am about to put you both in seperate corners!! I have decided this is going to be a HAPPY DAY if I have to beat happy into people!!!
    Time out !!!

Lisacj likes this.
  21. Thread AuthorThread Author   #46  
    iPhone Beginner

iOS Version
    iOS 5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Time out !!!

YAY!! One happy person down, 500 million to go!! Guess I got my work cut out for me!! 😜

Have a nice day!
    love,
    l
    iMore Beginner

Nah, two down. Ya got a smile outta me on that one. :-)
    Lisacj likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

meh I learned all about forums long ago so I wasn't going any further anyway. most of the time I play well with others lol
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,814 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

meh I learned all about forums long ago so I wasn't going any further anyway. most of the time I play well with others lol
    Ya you know what they say .. If you don't have nothing nice to say .. Don't say nothing at all .. And punch them in the face ... Lol ok jk maybe I added the last part lol

Lisacj likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12