Apple you really dropped the ball with this one!!

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
If it was that big of a deal how did the thread get through 14 posts of actual useful help before the topic was derailed? The iPad thread where the person is asking for links to everything that is EASILY found is where you need to spend your free time if it seems you've found some. :)

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
People don't grab things off the internet per say.

All users operate their device differently day in and day out. Everyone uses different settings, applications, etc. So when it comes to battery life. It's worth suggesting to the user a battery tip thread.

I may not have problems and you may not, but that does not mean other people are not having setup issues and configuration problems..

As for WiFi issues, yes some may say it's a known problem.... But again every user is different, so many different routers and connect settings, security etc.

Though the OP showed a bit of frustration towards their device, it was not meant towards us as end users. We are not here to defend phones......

Bottom line let's try to show some helpful support rather than showing people the door...

I think helpful support is wonderful...and it does make for a strong and legitimate community. Here's the thing though, we meet frustration daily with various things...from the smallest inconvenience to the biggest major event...and because we're human, our nature tends to lead us to find a direction in which to point a finger. I understand this, hell...i DO this. But like my post said, i was simply suggesting in the future that instead of making the blanket term "Apple really dropped the ball with this one", implying that the product itself is some kind of problem, that maybe asking questions so that the community could help him without this kind of lashing out would be better suited.

No one was shown the door, it was a simple suggestion...take it or leave it. And people most certainly DO grab things off the internet as i was implying, when they start listing complaints that they've read about or heard about (but not necessarily experienced first hand)...people sometimes thrive on hype, Im not saying he was, but the listing of "issues" was peculiar since the problems he really wanted to resolve were the last 2, which turned out to be more of a settings issue than anything else on his end, leaving one to wonder why the first two were even brought up...or if it was more of an attempt to sensationalize the topic.

Either way, i hope the guy found help...but i still stand by the idea that while a welcoming attitude certainly helps bring new members and strengthens a community, so does nipping negative lashing out in the butt before it gets out of hand, frustration or not. I mean if my computer starts having issues (that may or may not be caused by me), why would i think going into an Apple store or coming on a community forum and just trashing the product right off the bat is going to yield better assistance?

To the OP...by all means express whatever emotion you feel is proper, I'm nobodies daddy here, I'm not here to tell you what to do or not do, which is why in my previous post i just said it was a suggestion, a way to better migrate into this rather helpful forum. I mean honestly, if i was having big problems with my iPhone, I'd be frustrated too...but when a new member comes in and right from the get go titles a help thread "Apple really dropped the ball with this one...", it just doesn't speak well towards what many would EXPECT coming...you may have meant nothing by it, but 10 other new users may be coming in with the typical troll tidal wave. I hope that makes sense.

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
First of all....."HE HE HE" is really a "she she she". Maybe we all have our off moments.

Secondly, although I am new to this site, I have started 9 threads since sometime in August....no of which were complaints.

Thirdly, In another posts about the battery issue, somebody had offered a suggestion. No, I don't like how quickly it drains, but since I am always with a charger it's not that important to me.

And yes, I have problems with it connecting to some Wi-Fi's and when it does connect it won't stay in it. But I'm not sure if that is the phone or the Wi-Fi.

The iPhone 4 was the first smart phone I ever had. I don't remember any issues with it until it had seen it's share of wear and tear. So yea, I think the 5 is not near as good. as MY 4 was.

I am a single working mother that lives almost an hour from an Apple Store, so I hadn't been able to take it in.

Are there any other "issues" you have with me???
BTW, my name is Lisa.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
First of all....."HE HE HE" is really a "she she she". Maybe we all have our off moments.

Secondly, although I am new to this site, I have started 9 threads since sometime in August....no of which were complaints.

Thirdly, In another posts about the battery issue, somebody had offered a suggestion. No, I don't like how quickly it drains, but since I am always with a charger it's not that important to me.

And yes, I have problems with it connecting to some Wi-Fi's and when it does connect it won't stay in it. But I'm not sure if that is the phone or the Wi-Fi.

The iPhone 4 was the first smart phone I ever had. I don't remember any issues with it until it had seen it's share of wear and tear. So yea, I think the 5 is not near as good. as MY 4 was.

I am a single working mother that lives almost an hour from an Apple Store, so I hadn't been able to take it in.

BTW, my name is Lisa.

Hi Lisa welcome

If setting up as new don't fix battery issue and wifi
I would def take the trip to apple they will make it right
Let them know that you have restored and setup as new and it still has issues
They will most likely replace your phone

I agree there has been issues with some people's 5
I am a lucky one who pre ordered and my phone is flawless and gets great battery life to the amount of 8 to 10 hours of usage time.

Great part about apple unlike other company's is they will stand behind there product so they will fix it

I know the drive may really suck and its a pain if you have to load up kids too I know how that can be being a father myself

I know you just want a phone that works so I think even with the hassle it is worth taking it in
Hopefully they can take care of you let them know how far you have come etc

If you get a new phone and have same issues let me know and I can help you trouble shoot further to determine what the issue might be
Hope you get it resolved any questions l can help with let me know
My name is Robert

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

BTW, my name is Lisa.

Oh lord...sorry lady, i guess i should have made it less sex specific, lol. I tend to come across brash at times, just my nature i suppose.

I don't have any issues with you, i don't even know you and i hate the fact that you're having issues with your iPhone, i wish that everyone's experience with it could be as effortless as my own, and can understand frustration when that doesn't happen. That said, my issue was with your post title, and it really wasn't even a big deal, i was just suggesting a more civil way of participating with the community, but hey, if you feel the iPhone is a piece of junk by all means, do as you will...after all it is a free country and a some what free forum.

I apologize if i offended you personally, that was not the intent, i just wasn't keen with the intro to the thread is all, and just spoke my opinion.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Lisa, have you still not been able to sync the non-purchased music by connecting your phone
to iTunes? As long as non-purchased music is available in iTunes, the songs should be able
to sync if you have it setup that way on iTunes.

When the phone is connected to iTunes, go to the "Music" tab and you'll see where you can
select music to sync.

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
:eek:
I sincerely appreciate the apology!! Honestly, I didn't get offended that you didn't like the title (it was in the weee hours of the morn and my brain was not functioning), I got offended when you basically said I must be lying about the battery and Wi-Fi and that I looked that up.

I am a rather easy going person and will pick my battles. My biggest issue was the contacts and that was solved (and I did blush quite a bit when I realized how simple that was). I still love the phone (not to mention the additional respect when peeps see you have the 5....hahah). I just saw many people with their issues so I joined in.

Guess that's what I get for being a follower!!!

Thank you again!!

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

I wouldn't show up. I even tried to back up my 4 a second time and no luck. I did however figure out the "back door" that I used to get it on the 4. Prior to buying the 4, I was a Windows woman. I know my way around computers and can usually figure out what I don't know. iTunes was confusing to me for a while though....and if they don't stop changing it, it will stay confusing!!

I doubt I will ever afford a Mac, but I AM getting an iPad. I really do like the Apple products and especially the apps!!

Formererly forever29
If that means what I think you mean.....when did you finally give it up??? I'm still sticking to my story!!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I wouldn't show up. I even tried to back up my 4 a second time and no luck. I did however figure out the "back door" that I used to get it on the 4. Prior to buying the 4, I was a Windows woman. I know my way around computers and can usually figure out what I don't know. iTunes was confusing to me for a while though....and if they don't stop changing it, it will stay confusing!!

I doubt I will ever afford a Mac, but I AM getting an iPad. I really do like the Apple products and especially the apps!!

If that means what I think you mean.....when did you finally give it up??? I'm still sticking to my story!!
So you and your daughter have different apple iD the music on iTunes is prob tied to your apple Id .. Try authorizing your iTunes with her apple ID then re sync the music

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Lisacj

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I was inquiring about wether forever29 was in referance to your age. My exhusband was about 3 years younger than me. Although age has never been anissue with me, I jokingly told our 6 year old daughter that I was 29 and he was 3 years older than me. For over 2 years he tried and tried to tell her that was not true but for whatever reason she wouldn't believe him. It really was funny as hell. Now that I'm......a little past that, it is still a joke with my daughter and I about me being 29. When I saw that on your post, I just laughed and laughed.

As a friend of mine told me the other day, I've been 29 so many times, that hopefully I'll get it right and make it to 30!!

I just wanted to explain to you my comment.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I really didn't have time to read through every comment past the first page so are you still having issues or have you pretty much figured out all the problems?

roll-tide

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I really didn't have time to read through every comment past the first page so are you still having issues or have you pretty much figured out all the problems?

So because you're lazy, you're wanting someone else to basically sum up the entire thread for you?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
So because you're lazy, you're wanting someone else to basically sum up the entire thread for you?

do you know how to read? it seems like you don't since my reply was directly under the OP's last post. If you notice at the end I said did you figure out all your problems. It was a question I don't need any summary I just need to know if the OP is still having problems so that I can give some suggestions on solutions.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711