My iPhone 5 has a loose home button?

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Got mine replaced today. Took 10 minutes. The new one is much tighter and feels better double clicking.

nikolas1990

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Completely forgot about my post a few months back, the manager was a bell end lol said that the home button was loose but refused to replace it because it worked. Anyway I believe that apple products actually have the worst build quality of any major new handset, the htc one for example or the nexus 4 is superb! Apple put too pressure on its suppliers so it can meet demand and in the process the superb build quality that apple used to be known for is now terrible. Top left corner of my screen clicks now too and can be pushed in... Again terrible! Not going back to apple as their customer service is appalling. Also my iphone 5 has become so laggy! If you read up on its specs then you will see how truly far behind apple is now compared to htc, Samsung or google! I used to be that apple fanboy that would defend iphone to my grave, truth is handsets like the HTC one, galaxy s4, google nexus 4 or even the new nokia lumia are so far ahead of iPhone. Apple need to completely redesign their iphone hardware and specs, otherwise I will join the growing marketing for android! There's a reason why samsung has become the most popular phone supplier in the world. Hope this doesn't offend any die hard apple fans, just stating my experience with apple and their iphone

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Completely forgot about my post a few months back, the manager was a bell end lol said that the home button was loose but refused to replace it because it worked. Anyway I believe that apple products actually have the worst build quality of any major new handset, the htc one for example or the nexus 4 is superb! Apple put too pressure on its suppliers so it can meet demand and in the process the superb build quality that apple used to be known for is now terrible. Top left corner of my screen clicks now too and can be pushed in... Again terrible! Not going back to apple as their customer service is appalling. Also my iphone 5 has become so laggy! If you read up on its specs then you will see how truly far behind apple is now compared to htc, Samsung or google! I used to be that apple fanboy that would defend iphone to my grave, truth is handsets like the HTC one, galaxy s4, google nexus 4 or even the new nokia lumia are so far ahead of iPhone. Apple need to completely redesign their iphone hardware and specs, otherwise I will join the growing marketing for android! There's a reason why samsung has become the most popular phone supplier in the world. Hope this doesn't offend any die hard apple fans, just stating my experience with apple and their iphone
Sorry if you've had a bad experience with an iPhone in the past, but I am going to have to disagree with what you said here. For one I have had the Nexus 4 a few months ago and while the build quality wasn't bad, it did not feel nearly as strong as my iPhone 5. Also the build quality of the GS4 is also no where near as good as an iPhone and most honest reviewers state this in their opening line. The HTC one is on par with my iPhone 5, however, I would not say that the build quality is any better than the 5. I would say anyone can have an issue with their phone breaking at some point no matter who the manufacturer is. It's just that because it happens to be Apple people think they aren't supposed to have any problems at all, which isn't the case. That said, I don't know of any phone company who will stand by their products the Apple does. They have no problem replacing one of their products do to a manufacturing problem. Heck, sometimes they'll even replace something that was damaged by the user..... Just say'N.

lovemyspanish

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
All of that was negative and a waste of a post. If you don't like Apple go elsewhere . Just sayin..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Considering the way he spoke about the store reps, I'd bet his in store behaviour was less than pleasant and he was treated accordingly.

Staff don't get paid enough to deal with people who call them 'muppets'.

Shhhh qbnkelt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2

nikolas1990

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Considering the way he spoke about the store reps, I'd bet his in store behaviour was less than pleasant and he was treated accordingly.

Staff don't get paid enough to deal with people who call them 'muppets'.

Shhhh qbnkelt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2

Your post is highly inaccurate, I was in fact very polite. Just because I called the reps muppets on this forum doesn't back up your theory of me misbehaving and being treated accordingly. Your correct that people don't have to deal with being called muppets or any other kind of abuse but let me just make sure you know I didn't abuse any reps, I don't want you losing any kind of sleep over it!!!! Now that your mind is at peace I would also like to state that I didn't want to offend any apple fans. Every person has different experiences with certain products and companies. My experience from apple and iphone are negative and as a result I will not purchase another apple product. Every person is also entitled to an opinion... I'm deeply sorry if my opinion has hurt your feelings in any way :)

Peace x

dannejanne

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I've had my fair share of Android phones (As well as Windows Phone, BlackBerry and MeGoo which is Nokia too). Lastly the Samsung Galaxy Note 2. Once you've seen and fellt a high-spec Samsung phone you've seen them all as they all look and feel the same. Shiny smeary plastic with round corners. They are good phones but too bloated and the build quality of my iPhone 5 feels amazing compared to Samsung. The HTC One has great build quality when properly assembled but it you search it has had its fair share of quality issues just as previous HTC flagships. Even Lumia's have quality issues. My first Lumia 800 had the screen raised well above the body. My second one had a faulty screen. Third times was the charm there.

I realize you have been unlucky and have had a bad experience Nikolas with Apple. But do not think Android/WP manufacturers are any better you can easily get a unit assembled on a Monday there too.

And don't expect an Android phone to operate all smoothly. For that you need to get yourself a Nexus device that is pure Vanilla Android without any bloatware (even then they are not as smooth as iOS). Samsung, Sony, HTC and everyone else's versions adds a sense of lag to them. They are not as responsive as iOS when you touch the screen for the most part. They will often feel choopy and doesn't follow your finger naturally at all times. My mother has the latest Sony Xperia Z and I straight away fellt the choppines of the system. It's just not as responsive and feel laggy. And when I talk about lag I don't mean lag in the correct sense. I mean framerate drops in animations.

Good luck with whatever choice you make!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73