iPhone roaming

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Im going away on a trip for a week and will be roaming.. If I turn it on will I occur charges right away from applications trying to update? Or will I need to push on the apps? I need it for emails, phone and text.

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If you turn on your phone in another country AND your data is turned on, then as soon as any data passes from your phone to the network your data roaming.
If you turn off data and your phone is on and you get a call you will get voice roaming charges.
Also, depending on your plan, some carriers require you to contact them in advance of a trip to enable international roaming. So not sure if your going internationally or domestically.
If you dont turn on international roaming theres a chance your phone wont work as your carrier has not authroized your account to roam internationally.
Ive heard of people who often buy a prepaid sim / sometimes phone just to keep in touch with data services and sometimes phone/text. Its usually cheaper then paying a major carrier international roaming.

hockey1299

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok. Ok going to Florida for a business trip. I have a Rogers sim in it. My iPhone is locked right now. All I need to know is if I turn on my data there will my apps and everything start to update? Or would I have to physically push on my apps?

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Once data is on your phone will try to use data like normal. Apps that use data in the backround will use data in the backround.
Apps that update when you ask them to will do that.
The phone really doesnt stop working or work differently just because you change locations..

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure, short of turning off cellular data not sure an individual app can be turned off unless it has that option.
You can use WiFi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro