Wifi issues

3cit

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
For everyone in this thread... If you have a newer router that has wireless n and wireless g there are a few things you can try innovative the router end...
If you are technically savvy at all and know how to get into the settings for your router, try and locate the wifi tab for megahertz, if it is set to automatic, try and change it to 20, and NOT 40...
This may be a solution for some of you

I said piracy was bad.
Never have I said that I'm not a pirate.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Wifi performance definitely sucks ass on the ip5... A bit better on 6.1 b3, but still bad... I've about had it

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
as far as the wifi bugs i feel its more of a connectivity issue with the software.

with the speed though i had a similar problem. only my phone and ipod were running slow but my mbp and pc were running fine. what i found solved the issue was updating the firmware in my router. i was 1 or 2 firmware updates behind.

i8paste

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I still was having this issue after updating to 6.0.1, updating carrier setting to 13.x (VZW) contacted Apple and offered express service for the "WiFi/ BT" problem. Could be hardware related. A lot of us that got the first batch of these babies could have little issues WHO KNOWS

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same problem.. I just got my 5 yesterday and the connection to my WiFi is terrible. It takes considerably more time to connect and at times I have to go back into my settings and reconnect. I had noticed this with my IPad 2 also when it was upgraded to 6.1. My laptops and desktop show a strong signal with no connectivity issues.

I hope they resolve this very soon :(

Regards

Dregs

aniketsahrma9865

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Wifi fixed
Changed the dns to local dns (searched it from namebench)
Now its fast like hell
Now i can say my iphone 5 is great;)
Also found a fix for wifi disconnects automatically...
Just turn of mobile data off when u r on wifi...
And after that it will not disconnect...

dixie dregs

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes it made it faster but there still is an issue with connectivity. When I woke up both of my phones side by side my 4S immediately connected to the network and my 5 woke to LTE and I had to manually connect again to my network..There is something going on..some difference between the WiFi on the two phones.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2