iPhone 5 VS iPhone 4s, which one will you get?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
iOS version is what matters to me the most. I can accomplish the same functions as any iPhone 5 user. Again it's money, display size, a bit more speed locally and LTE connection wise. But I have no reason to go from a 4S to the 5. If the iOS version forced me, then I would.

lauriep05

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
If you don't already own one, buying the most current version would also but you a longer time of support and upgrade before your model is put out to pasture. Buying the 4s now, with the 5 out and 5s on the horizon, would immediately shorten the longevity of that phone.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Depends on how you word it. Buying a 4s off contract is smarter then locking into a 2 yr, even though it may seem cheaper..... Yes Going with the iPhone 5 is smarter in locking into a contract.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
iOS version is what matters to me the most. I can accomplish the same functions as any iPhone 5 user. Again it's money, display size, a bit more speed locally and LTE connection wise. But I have no reason to go from a 4S to the 5. If the iOS version forced me, then I would.

But within your own comment, you contradict your ability to accomplish function...you cannot accomplish LTE data speeds, you cannot accomplish processing performance, you cannot enjoy the functionality of the larger screen in the variety of ways it is and will be used, you cannot replicate the cameras functionality in terms of shutter speed or stabilization, you cannot enjoy proper widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio on videos, you cannot take advantage of dual band routers and 5Ghz networks, you cannot improve the quality and function of the front facing camera...etc etc etc.

I could keep going...but i think you get the point, the iPhone 5 does offer many features you cannot have on the 4S, a few are mentioned above.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
No, The OS as a core is what made my decision. Not extra options.... The Core OS is still there no matter how you look at it. yes it functions just as well as the OS on the iPhone 5.

With out all those extra options its still iOS 6

Now if iOS 6 only came with the iPhone 5 then I would switch... All those mentioned above are 98% hardware. If it was not there they would not be improvements.

My main point was the OS only.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
No, The OS as a core is what made my decision. Not extra options.... The Core OS is still there no matter how you look at it. yes it functions just as well as the OS on the iPhone 5.

With out all those extra options its still iOS 6

Now if iOS 6 only came with the iPhone 5 then I would switch... All those mentioned above are 98% hardware. If it was not there they would not be improvements.

My main point was the OS only.

That is clear now, but your initial response read "I can accomplish the same functions as any iPhone 5 user...", and that was simply untrue.

One could actually praise Apple for the fact that the OS is the same at the core of all of the iPhone's across the board (and only phased downwards by the phones physical ability to support new functionality). The fact that you can enjoy the newest firmware on the previous generation device is a feature not seen often, if at all, in the world of consumer electronics.

add119

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
hey what phone should i get i dont really care much about screen size coming from bionic with 4.3 inches and lte i really want the 4s for gaming mainly and perhaps call and text but iphone 5 look good too. Please help

Due to exclusivity on apple store some game on iphone isnt on Google play store:

Soul calibur
Devil may cry 4
Tekken
Metal gear solid
Street fighter
Marvel is only exclusive to certain model which is dumb because of the os problem google have. Droid 3 that have hardward similar to 4s if the not the same isnt supported. This more of issue with android os because of the carriers.
Monster madness exclusive to tablet dumb because on IOS it work on iphone 3gs or better or ipad of all models i think .
horn game exclusive to android tablet not android phone dumbbb
capcom vs marvel 2
Splinter cell work on android 2.2 os-2.3 os apprently gameloft didnt support it to android 3.0 os -4.0 os or better
Shadow guardian only work for android 2.2 os-2.3 os which suck when i got ANDROID 4.0 OS ics on my droid bionic.

I love android I just hate all this exclusivity

both android and ios have 700,000 apps and some game are just to exclusive on certain model,SOC= system on chip or Carrier apps on android .

This is basicly turning me off from android.

Last edited:

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I knew what you were going to say before you said it...and you also completely threw your legitimacy out the window by answering...read the article again, and realize how foolish you look now.

Foolish ??? Okay sir like I stated earlier my 4s is unlocked with 6.0.1 look it up for yourself online on how to do it .That's just one bogus article your going on if your closed minded by just one type of info than I'm not the foolish one

Tapatalking up in ya

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Foolish ??? Okay sir like I stated earlier my 4s is unlocked with 6.0.1 look it up for yourself online on how to do it .That's just one bogus article your going on if your closed minded by just one type of info than I'm not the foolish one

Tapatalking up in ya

And you're full of sh*t if you say you jailbroke 6.0.1 untethered like that article discussed...you're burying yourself here.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
@add119...besides the fact that that entire website screams SPAM, this guy isn't some developer who is working on the jailbreak, he's a guy that didn't read the initial article he bashed and spoke before he thought.

As far as help with your decision...go play with the phones, pick the one you like best...best advice you're going to get expecting other people to decide which phone is best for YOU.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone going to help me with my decision for my check on what phone i should get?

Are you for real? I don't mean to come across harshly but dang, YOU have to choose what is best for YOU based on YOUR desires and needs. Whatever phone YOU decide to get will have its share of pros and cons. That is a given, but what you must decide is which phone do YOU think will best serve your purpose and only YOU can make that decision.

add119

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@justme i know but im getting bored with android had 4 years with their phones i need new fresh os. So im thinking of getting apple with iPhone 4s or 5 . I have 275 i can get either or on two year contract.

@sean thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
@justme i know but im getting bored with android had 4 years with their phones i need new fresh os. So im thinking of getting apple with iPhone 4s or 5 . I have 275 i can get either or on two year contract.

@sean thanks

I understand, my friend. In that case, go with the iPhone 5. It is the latest, it's fast, it's powerful, looks great and still gets the job done. Period! I still have an iPhone 4S because I am still very content with its performance in the manner in which I use it. Anyway, I hope that was helpful to you. Take care, good luck and have a great day ..:D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro