Argh, what happened to my battery life?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matkaz

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
mate everything you described started happening to me a week ago. I get around 4 hours on standby and then the phone is dead. I have had the device changed for a new one with Apple and the same issues are happening.

The only thing I can think of was I received a strange Whatsapp video clip from a friend and ever since then the issues seemed to start. I think the issue might be an app or something in my backup. I will test further today.

Maybe we could exchange app lists to see if we have the same one causing the issue?

Thanks

0pusX

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
My battery is all over the place too. For instance, yesterday at about 10am when I plugged it in the current usage time was at 7 hrs and standby time was at 1 day 9 hours. So I charged it to 100%.... took it off the charger at 2pm, at 1:00am it died.... just over 5 hours of usage with standby time of roughly 10 hrs.

It's just very crazy like that.

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Argh... it's still happening... did the complete wipe and set-up as a new device and overnight the battery went from 100% to 40% and I didn't touch it once!!!!

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
mate everything you described started happening to me a week ago. I get around 4 hours on standby and then the phone is dead. I have had the device changed for a new one with Apple and the same issues are happening.

The only thing I can think of was I received a strange Whatsapp video clip from a friend and ever since then the issues seemed to start. I think the issue might be an app or something in my backup. I will test further today.

Maybe we could exchange app lists to see if we have the same one causing the issue?

Thanks

Hey Matkaz, that'd be great, let's swap a list via private message... something obviously is not working... and I highly doubt I've had two bad phones in a row... ya know? Did you do a backup restore or start from scratch as new? I did both.. neither is working.

Last edited:

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey Matkaz, that'd be great, let's swap a list via private message... something obviously is not working... and I highly doubt I've had two bad phones in a row... ya know? Did you do a backup restore or start from scratch as new? I did both.. neither is working.

Have you checked system services ? It any location based app that is pulling location constantly ?

Try looking in the settings and see what most recent used ones were under location

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked system services ? It any location based app that is pulling location constantly ?

Try looking in the settings and see what most recent used ones were under location

I checked and the only thing for location is Siri...

I am so frustrated! :(

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Didn't see you mention this, but are you on wifi? I ask bc if it is on cellular and the signal is low that could be it. I have a friend that lives in a bad reception area and every time I go there I jump between no service and 2g and 3G and I can watch my battery go down.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Didn't see you mention this, but are you on wifi? I ask bc if it is on cellular and the signal is low that could be it. I have a friend that lives in a bad reception area and every time I go there I jump between no service and 2g and 3G and I can watch my battery go down.

Seems to happen on cellular and wifi... I am in great cell service area with full bars all the time and it still has issues... and then when I'm at home and only on wifi, same problems. :(

Tonight I did yet another set-up as new... I'm doing a somewhat controlled test... I only have music on it and 2 gmail push accounts. I haven't set-up my work email and have not added any apps. Let's see what happens this way... cross you fingers lol

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Seems to happen on cellular and wifi... I am in great cell service area with full bars all the time and it still has issues... and then when I'm at home and only on wifi, same problems. :(

Tonight I did yet another set-up as new... I'm doing a somewhat controlled test... I only have music on it and 2 gmail push accounts. I haven't set-up my work email and have not added any apps. Let's see what happens this way... cross you fingers lol

Good luck.....also try turning off the fetch schedule to your gmail to eliminate that also.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Try setting your gmail as exchange vs push

Maybe your work email is getting stuck trying to connect ?

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Try setting your gmail as exchange vs push

Maybe your work email is getting stuck trying to connect ?

So I charged to 100% last night and then pulled from the charger. Still at 100% this morning, wahoo! So now I get to start adding stuff back and see what causes a drain... work email is up next... we'll see how it goes... no apps added yet either... kinda strange, lol!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
So I charged to 100% last night and then pulled from the charger. Still at 100% this morning, wahoo! So now I get to start adding stuff back and see what causes a drain... work email is up next... we'll see how it goes... no apps added yet either... kinda strange, lol!

How's it holding up ?

linsiris

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Also, anybody having issues with their phones getting warm while charging.... I never thought my other one had any issues (or even previously my iPhone 4)... but maybe it's because they've always been in a case and I wasn't noticing... and this one I don't have a case on yet... so maybe that's why I'm noticing?

Hey I've noticed my iPhone gets warm sometimes while charging too. But like you I haven't notice it since I put a case on. That is weird, because isn't the case suppose to make it warmer while charging?

nmburns

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How's it holding up ?

Battery is doing great...too bad I have a hardware issue with a random vibration and mute button appearing on the screen... so now I have another replacement coming.. ugh... I hope 3rd time's the charm... I just want a working phone!!! ARGH! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro