Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #26  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Argh, what happened to my battery life?!

Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Have you checked system services ? It any location based app that is pulling location constantly ?

Try looking in the settings and see what most recent used ones were under location

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !
    I checked and the only thing for location is Siri...

I am so frustrated!
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    880 Global Posts

Default Argh, what happened to my battery life?!

Didn't see you mention this, but are you on wifi? I ask bc if it is on cellular and the signal is low that could be it. I have a friend that lives in a bad reception area and every time I go there I jump between no service and 2g and 3G and I can watch my battery go down.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #28  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    Didn't see you mention this, but are you on wifi? I ask bc if it is on cellular and the signal is low that could be it. I have a friend that lives in a bad reception area and every time I go there I jump between no service and 2g and 3G and I can watch my battery go down.

Seems to happen on cellular and wifi... I am in great cell service area with full bars all the time and it still has issues... and then when I'm at home and only on wifi, same problems.

Tonight I did yet another set-up as new... I'm doing a somewhat controlled test... I only have music on it and 2 gmail push accounts. I haven't set-up my work email and have not added any apps. Let's see what happens this way... cross you fingers lol
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    880 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nmburns View Post
    Seems to happen on cellular and wifi... I am in great cell service area with full bars all the time and it still has issues... and then when I'm at home and only on wifi, same problems.

Tonight I did yet another set-up as new... I'm doing a somewhat controlled test... I only have music on it and 2 gmail push accounts. I haven't set-up my work email and have not added any apps. Let's see what happens this way... cross you fingers lol
    Good luck.....also try turning off the fetch schedule to your gmail to eliminate that also.

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,813 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Try setting your gmail as exchange vs push

Maybe your work email is getting stuck trying to connect ?

6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #31  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Try setting your gmail as exchange vs push

Maybe your work email is getting stuck trying to connect ?

So I charged to 100% last night and then pulled from the charger. Still at 100% this morning, wahoo! So now I get to start adding stuff back and see what causes a drain... work email is up next... we'll see how it goes... no apps added yet either... kinda strange, lol!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,813 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

So I charged to 100% last night and then pulled from the charger. Still at 100% this morning, wahoo! So now I get to start adding stuff back and see what causes a drain... work email is up next... we'll see how it goes... no apps added yet either... kinda strange, lol!
    How's it holding up ?

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    415 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Also, anybody having issues with their phones getting warm while charging.... I never thought my other one had any issues (or even previously my iPhone 4)... but maybe it's because they've always been in a case and I wasn't noticing... and this one I don't have a case on yet... so maybe that's why I'm noticing?
    Hey I've noticed my iPhone gets warm sometimes while charging too. But like you I haven't notice it since I put a case on. That is weird, because isn't the case suppose to make it warmer while charging?
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #34  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    iOS Version

How's it holding up ?

Battery is doing great...too bad I have a hardware issue with a random vibration and mute button appearing on the screen... so now I have another replacement coming.. ugh... I hope 3rd time's the charm... I just want a working phone!!! ARGH!

Global Posts
    15,475 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12