Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Prevent Changes from iTunes Sync on my device

Well I'm no stranger to iOS, I've had every iPhone since the 2G but I think I accidentally picked a setting that I can't figure out how to undo ... Whenever I sync my iPhone 5 with iTunes, I always end up with apps on my iPhone that I deleted previously, my contacts information (such as pictures and some deleted phone numbers) get changed, and it's as if my iPhone reverts back to a previous back up or something ... I don't know how to undo this, to where when I sync, the information only goes one way - from my iPhone to my computer and not vice versa. How do I fix this? ... Also, in the tab on iTunes where it says contacts and mail, there's a box at the bottom that says "Replace information on iPhone with information from this computer" .. Thought that might be it, but it's not checked, so I don't know.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Follow me on Twitter: JonMarkCarmona
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,420 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Prevent Changes from iTunes Sync on my device

In relation to the apps, delete them from iTunes. That should help.

And for data, I take it in iTunes you don't have Outlook and the likes checked, right?