Invalid Sim

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday out of the blue my phone said invalid sim. I rebooted the phone and it did not help.

I waited a few minutes and shut the phone down for 3 minutes and them restarted the phone and it was fine.

Is this going to be a reoccurring issue.

Should I go to my Apple store or call Verizon.

Don't want this to keep happening since I run a business through my phone.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving.

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
This was happening to me on and off since launch day. Rebooting fixed it until a few weeks ago. I wound up fixing it by removing the SIM card and wiping it off with a microfiber cloth. looked like it had something smudged on it like fingerprint grease. working fine now and I haven't gotten the invalid SIM error again since.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Update.

I got the same invalid sim error in the same location today.

I have never removed the card so I doubt it's dirty, not sure if its LTE related or weather related.

I leave my phone in my truck while I work. It was not that cold today.

If I turn off the phone... Wait a minute and turn back on its fine, problem is I miss texts and calls while its in invalid sim mode.

Is this a phone issue or a SIM card issue....

e koulak

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Update.

I have never removed the card so I doubt it's dirty, not sure if its LTE related or weather related.

If I turn off the phone... Wait a minute and turn back on its fine, problem is I miss texts and calls while its in invalid sim mode.

Could've gotten fingerprint smudges on contacts when installing

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Update.

Mine came pre-installed from Verizon and it was dirty when I removed it.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Haven't reset network settings yet.

I assume that's in settings ?

Ill have to take out the sim if it does this again.

I have popping out that little door. Always think its gonna break.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
What happens when you reset the network ? Do you need to do anything after resetting ?

Phone reboots and basically it erases the saved networks and network settings so all you have to do is re type your wifi password

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

j_benj

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Haven't reset network settings yet.

I assume that's in settings ?

Ill have to take out the sim if it does this again.

I have popping out that little door. Always think its gonna break.

It's no biggie, really. It feels flimsy but it was pretty good when I popped the drawer out. Trust me I was about to go to the Apple store because the No SIM error was driving me crazy. After cleaning the SIM I haven't seen the error again. It's been about a month now I think.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I used to have this issue with my iPhone 4. It happens on some units when the sim tray is a little loose. If the SIM card loses contact then it will give problems. I took my iPhone 4 in I had screen shots of the times it said "no sim" which was what happened to me. I explained what happened and that I had to reseat the SIM while the phone was on to fix it and they swapped the phone. I never had a problem after that. Whatever you do don't restore your phone the tool they use to test your network connection the logs get wiped out on a restore. They need a week's worth of logs but I don't think they will even check the logs just do screeshots when it happens to show.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I cleaned my SIM card even though it was not dirty.

I hope this resolves my SIM card issues.

I think it's software related not a physical issue, seems to always happen in one customers driveway.

It's happened other places too but never at my house.

I guess I'll take screen shots and record the issue and bring it to apple if it persists.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I cleaned my SIM card even though it was not dirty.

I hope this resolves my SIM card issues.

I think it's software related not a physical issue, seems to always happen in one customers driveway.

It's happened other places too but never at my house.

I guess I'll take screen shots and record the issue and bring it to apple if it persists.

I had this same issue a couple weeks ago. Luckily for me, cleaning the card worked. I would go into a Verizon store, explain that you have a bad SIM card and they should exchange it. The gentleman I spoke with at the Verizon Store said if cleaning the SIM didn't work they'd swap the card.

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Can I just go to an apple store.

I try to NEVER go to a Verizon store. They never have a clue and its usually a bunch of teenagers.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro