WTF? Can't Disable Wifi-Sync iPhone 5 6.0.1 HELP!!!!

itsjinx

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what the hell is going on but I just bought the iphone 5 yesterday and can't even "restore" it to the 4S that it is replacing because itunes always hangs on "Waiting for items to copy"...

Now here's my question, If I go into Settings -> General -> Wifi-sync should I be seeing the current syncing information that iTunes is also showing, EVEN THOUGH WIFI-SYNC is disabled in iTunes and wifi is turned off on my iPhone 5? I'm plugged USB into my windows 7 computer with the latest iTunes, and I feel like itunes is trying to do a wifi sync for the restore, even though its not checked on in itunes to use it! So for those who do a normal sync with cable, if you go into the wifi-sync settings on your iPhone while you are syncing with a cable, does it show the syncing information in that section, with a button that says "cancel sync"?? i'm trying to figure out if thats just where Apple wanted to display sync status for the iPhone, even if you aren't using the wifi-sync???

- I have rebooted numerous times
- I have uninstalled itunes and related services
- i have restarted my computer

help asap!!!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Have you attempted to allow the sync to just happen without messing with the iPhone for a little while? It's possible that it's simply taking it's time (this can happen at times, especially when using a Windows based computer). If not, just let it be...let it do it's thing and hopefully it will work it's way through.

You could possibly have a corrupted save file though (which is one reason why Apple wants to move to Cloud syncing over manual syncing like you're attempting)...the save file could have been interrupted even briefly while you were creating it before with the 4S and now it is having that issue writing it to the iP5. If you've allowed it ample time to write to the new phone (say 15-20min. or so of letting it restore) and it's still hung up, you may have to do a fresh sync with it and load all of your apps manually. Again, this is one major reason Apple is moving to cloud storage so you stand a much smaller chance of having a corrupted save file like this when trying to restore...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234