Former Android Users input needed

Slayers

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I am a current android user that is looking to give apple a try can any of the former android users tell me the pros and cons of switching? And have you ever thought about going back?

Terrigno

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Welcome aboard. Your in the right decision process.

I was a hardcore Android guy. I owned just about all of them on Verizon. But that was the issue there. All of them. When it comes to Apple, it's 1. The iPhone.

I always bashed Apple. Saying its weak and has no comparison to Android. But as if learned to Root and install different OS's on Androids, after awhile it got expensive since I caught myself buying the next great one after maybe 2 months of owning the previous one. It always seemed like a new one came out every month.

One day a few months ago, I finally decided to give Apple a shot and see what the fuss is about. I got the IPhone 4. Then eventually, the 4S. And now I own the 5. I noticed right when I switched to apple, I became unemployed and was going through a tough time for a little bit. But it was long enough to ease my addiction and buy another phone. I had some of the most time with the 4S. And it was long enough to leave me not feeling like I needed to have another droid. The iPhone just works. Battery life, quality of the hardware, smoooth non glitchy system, quality of just about everything else and professionalism. I found myself feeling like I'm not carrying a toy. And I've lowered my addiction of trying to want to customize everything since there isn't much to do so. And I'm satisfied with it. Not sure why but I am. All of the main apps I used for Android, are on iOS. And actually they work and appear better. No hick ups. No reboots from jittery performance. No extremely hot battery or owning 3 batteries to keep swapping out. It just works and gets the job done. And with the new iPhone 5, it's quicker and offers LTE. And being on Verizon, I'm getting my data plan worth when I'm on it.

Androids always got boring after sometime of constantly tweaking everything from custom developers offerings. I enjoyed it, but was never really satisfied. I can say that I am now. And even the Maps Navigation app works well and fine for me. I would say give it a shot. Spend some time with one and decide. They both have there pros and cons but I know for sure that I own a quality product with money well spent.

emery66

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Pros of switching (not in order of importance)
1. Accessories - wider variety of accessories available to iphone and it's not even close.
2. Battery life - I have used HTC and Samsung androids and the iphone's battery life is much better
3. Form factor / Build quality - iphones just feel better in your hand, some androids (looking at you Samsung) feel like a toy.
4. Stability - newer versions of android have improved but ios requires fewer reboots (my Samsung needed it almost daily)
5. Self esteem - You will feel way superior holding your iphone in public (just kidding...maybe)

Cons of switching
1. It makes it harder to hate iphone people (but not impossible)
2. App Store, I mean Play Store (stupid name) - I like the layout of the android app store better but I'm getting used to the Apple App Store
3. Call log - The android call log allowed me to filter by caller (maybe ios does too but I can't figure it out)

I'm sure there is much more than I have listed here, but overall I am very happy with my switch and will NEVER go back.

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
This is exactly why I switched to iPhone and have stayed. At one point I decided to try Android again with a SGSII skyrocket. I used it for about two weeks, but got tired of trying to customize it to work the way I wanted. I missed my iPhone. I have played with a SGSIII and I must say that it almost makes me want one, but I will not give up my iPhone for it. If I had the funds I would have both my 5 and the SGSIII so I could play with it. The iPhone just works and works well.

Welcome aboard. Your in the right decision process.

I was a hardcore Android guy. I owned just about all of them on Verizon. But that was the issue there. All of them. When it comes to Apple, it's 1. The iPhone.

I always bashed Apple. Saying its weak and has no comparison to Android. But as if learned to Root and install different OS's on Androids, after awhile it got expensive since I caught myself buying the next great one after maybe 2 months of owning the previous one. It always seemed like a new one came out every month.

One day a few months ago, I finally decided to give Apple a shot and see what the fuss is about. I got the IPhone 4. Then eventually, the 4S. And now I own the 5. I noticed right when I switched to apple, I became unemployed and was going through a tough time for a little bit. But it was long enough to ease my addiction and buy another phone. I had some of the most time with the 4S. And it was long enough to leave me not feeling like I needed to have another droid. The iPhone just works. Battery life, quality of the hardware, smoooth non glitchy system, quality of just about everything else and professionalism. I found myself feeling like I'm not carrying a toy. And I've lowered my addiction of trying to want to customize everything since there isn't much to do so. And I'm satisfied with it. Not sure why but I am. All of the main apps I used for Android, are on iOS. And actually they work and appear better. No hick ups. No reboots from jittery performance. No extremely hot battery or owning 3 batteries to keep swapping out. It just works and gets the job done. And with the new iPhone 5, it's quicker and offers LTE. And being on Verizon, I'm getting my data plan worth when I'm on it.

Androids always got boring after sometime of constantly tweaking everything from custom developers offerings. I enjoyed it, but was never really satisfied. I can say that I am now. And even the Maps Navigation app works well and fine for me. I would say give it a shot. Spend some time with one and decide. They both have there pros and cons but I know for sure that I own a quality product with money well spent.

brianr1

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Just sold my S3 and got an iPhone 5. I've gone back and forth several times but always found myself missing android features: turn by turn navi, speech to text, voice commands. I'm more than satisfied with Apple Maps and Siri does a lot of neat stuff. There are a few other things I really like when it comes to integration. Music controls for Pandora on the lockscreen, navigation on the lockscreen. Overall iOS has improved dramatically and seems to flow better than Android.

jphillips1963

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm to considering the iPhone 5 but what holds me back is this, on my android phone I can swap files and folders around anytime I need to. Take a picture and move it to any particular folder I want. I can change widgets on any screen I can add or delete them as I wish. Change home screens around anyway I like them. Google maps is awesome has street views 3d views and its quick and accurate.
So with all that has apple opened up enough to allow these parts of the android echo system I do enjoy and will miss if I do make the switch?

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2

GibMcFragger

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm to considering the iPhone 5 but what holds me back is this, on my android phone I can swap files and folders around anytime I need to. Take a picture and move it to any particular folder I want. I can change widgets on any screen I can add or delete them as I wish. Change home screens around anyway I like them. Google maps is awesome has street views 3d views and its quick and accurate.
So with all that has apple opened up enough to allow these parts of the android echo system I do enjoy and will miss if I do make the switch?

Sent from my HTC Resound using Tapatalk 2
There is still no way to easily swap files in iOS (assuming you are referring to manipulating files via a filebrowser app like in Android).

Pictures can be moved to different folders in the photos app.

You can add/remove homescreens and move icons in iOS, but there are no widgets.

dcjose48

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I used android for a bit because I wanted to see what it offered and bought a galaxy nexus. The only thing I liked was the widgets but ultimately I sold it and bought the iphone 5 and not looking back.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm a former android user of many years. Actually I've used all platforms.. Android, windows, blackberry, etc... Love iOS. It's very simple and easy to use. I also have to say that the apps works must faster on iOS. I don't think you will regret switching. :)

tsak6789

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I like a lot of the features on Android, but I feel the experience is much much smoother on my Iphone. It doesn't freeze up like my HTC Evo did almost daily.
My wife can say the same thing with her Samsung Epic.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There are far too many other threads covering this EXACT question and discussion to have another one...search the forum and you will get your answers. These posts, for the most part, typically end up with people bashing each other for whatever reason, so it's always best to keep them at a minimum...no offense.

Terrigno

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I can't bash anyone. To this day, I still love Android and BlackBerry. But my love is stronger for The iPhone. And also stronger for Windows Computers lol

Slayers

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
There are far too many other threads covering this EXACT question and discussion to have another one...search the forum and you will get your answers. These posts, for the most part, typically end up with people bashing each other for whatever reason, so it's always best to keep them at a minimum...no offense.

I would hope no one starts bashing I didn't ask people to compare anything against each other I just wanted input from people that have used both.

I am really leaning towards this after reading what people have to say where I have to figure out now is do I get the 4s, 5 or wait for the 5s

cjant

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I switched and I'm missing Android. I don't like the keyboard on iPhone 5, I like swift key or swipe . I miss the back button and long press. I'm trying to give it a chance but I'll probably go back to Android.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have always tried different devices - a real gadget geek. Started with the BlackBerry, then the Treo 650, which was buggy and crashy, but man, was it cool. Onto other BlackBerrys, even a few old Windows Mobile 5 devices. Then January 2007 happened. I got the original iPhone, and since, owned the 3G, 3GS, and now the 4S. I have occasionally gone to Android for the customizability, but have always come back to iPhone. Part of is that I'm all Apple/Macs/iPhone at home, and it fits better into the ecosystem I'm so entrenched in. Also, though, is the experience, which I think is a feature. So I've been really happy with it.

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Just switched from the sgs3 to the iPhone 5 and their will be a few things that I miss but the overall quality. Of this phone has me floored. The camera is great first day battery life has been better than my sgs3 on its best day and the screen is great. But their are a few things I miss like the quick toggles for wifi etc and a notification light but other than that I'm hooked this Is a great phone. I too have been around the android block had the droid 1-3 sgs1-3 gnex dinc2 evo lte. And none of those phones feel as complete and thought out as this. I will miss google wallet but life goes on their are to many great things about this phone for me to get hung up about that.

damo

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm an avid Android user, my wife is IOS. Whenever I have used her 4,4S, and now 5 - I must admit, everything seems to work just fine, the user interface is idiot proof and easy to use, and the phones do feel far better built and nice in the hand. I just find the screens too small and like the customisation that I currently get.
When anyone asks me what phone they should get - if they are not up on tech stuff, I always push them to IOS as they are easy to use.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I say buy the best product for you...

I currently have the iPhone 4S and the Samsung Galaxy S3. I switch between my two devices often. But I have to say the iPhone 4S simply works, period. Yes with the S3 I can make a lot of customizations, but after a while enough is enough. Just saying :)

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I say buy the best product for you...

I currently have the iPhone 4S and the Samsung Galaxy S3. I switch between my two devices often. But I have to say the iPhone 4S simply works, period. Yes with the S3 I can make a lot of customizations, but after a while enough is enough. Just saying :)

That's the same way I feel you can customize as much as you want but at some point enough is enough. I got the iPhone because it just works I'm tired of switching between android phones for bugs bugs and more bugs. Or dealing with random lag fragmentation which is still an issue on android. Jellybean has helped some but without a full rewrite of the framework android will never be As consistent as iOS or wp

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73