Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes
    iMore Intermediate

Default After 2 months your thoughts?

My phone is scratched, bent, the screen is broken and the CPU has become very slow, almost all apps crash.

Just kidding.......I love it and am very happy I upgraded. It is nearly perfect.
    MrszBerry likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: After 2 months your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by nj1266 View Post
    For those who are buying Samsung smartphones, be aware that Samsung uses weak radios/antennas on their devices. Both the Galaxy Nexus and the GS3 have had reception problems in areas where the signal was not strong. I have had first hand experience with a GS3 that had this problem. I live in a part of Long Beach where the signal is not strong. Less than half a mile from where i live the signal is fantastic. My house mate bought a GS3. Her phone would drop calls and when you could talk on the phone it was very choppy and you could not hear half of what was said. We had to take it to Verizon 4 times before they agreed to give her another one. This one seems to be good, but I do not know how long this will last. Just go to Android Central and check the many threads on poor reception with Samsung devices. Motorola does not have this problem. My brother has an Atrix 2 and he comes to my house often. He has had zero problems with reception at my house. Stay away from Samsung especially if you live in an area that does not have a strong signal.
    My friend's GSIII gets about the same LTE signal that my iPhone 5 gets (and around the same speeds too)...our building is shielded so 4G barely reaches inside, but LTE is pretty decent. If they do have a bad antenna, hers seems to be performing pretty well all things considered. We bench tested both of them on our laptops tethered and between the two you really couldn't tell much of a difference, and certainly not something that would sway weight to either phone for connectivity purposes or strength. I don't think generalizing all of Samsung's phones as having "weak antennas" is a fair assessment just because you experienced such. My friend also had a 4S and hated it because of the terrible 4G connections she always experienced...mine was always fine, doesn't mean the 4S was built with crap parts, just means she experienced bad connections and i didn't, lol.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Maybe you need to do some search on the subject Sean. Just to be clear I am talking about call quality and using the phone as a phone. I am not talking about 4GLTE:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/904309
    Bad reception and dropped calls all day long! Galaxy S3 - Android Forums
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/ver...n-support.html
    Poor call quality

I find it hard to believe that all these people that contributed to these threads are wrong and you are right. Sorry dude, i think that your friend is the isolated incident and these people posting show the constant behavior of this phone. It is very well known among Android phones that Samsung has poor radios/antennas. I am not reinventing the wheel.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,475 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    My friend's GSIII gets about the same LTE signal that my iPhone 5 gets (and around the same speeds too)...our building is shielded so 4G barely reaches inside, but LTE is pretty decent. If they do have a bad antenna, hers seems to be performing pretty well all things considered. We bench tested both of them on our laptops tethered and between the two you really couldn't tell much of a difference, and certainly not something that would sway weight to either phone for connectivity purposes or strength. I don't think generalizing all of Samsung's phones as having "weak antennas" is a fair assessment just because you experienced such. My friend also had a 4S and hated it because of the terrible 4G connections she always experienced...mine was always fine, doesn't mean the 4S was built with crap parts, just means she experienced bad connections and i didn't, lol.
    As someone that has owned a galaxy nexus, galaxy S3 and droid charge, I can tell you that Samsung's RF setups and antenna designs are absolute garbage. They have worse voice reception, worse data reception, and generally worse performance than any of their counterparts in the industry.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,035 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.0.4

Quote Originally Posted by Droid800 View Post
    As someone that has owned a galaxy nexus, galaxy S3 and droid charge, I can tell you that Samsung's RF setups and antenna designs are absolute garbage. They have worse voice reception, worse data reception, and generally worse performance than any of their counterparts in the industry.
    I agree also. My GSIII doesn't have very good reception at all. I had the Lumia 822 for a week and had signal in places I didn't know possible. Now back on my GSIII the signal is awful.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,475 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    I agree also. My GSIII doesn't have very good reception at all. I had the Lumia 822 for a week and had signal in places I didn't know possible. Now back on my GSIII the signal is awful.
    Nokia and Motorola are the best, Samsung is the worst, and HTC and apple are in the middle.
    marketsqhero likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Let's get back on topic here, please.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    2,004 Global Posts

Default RE: After 2 months your thoughts?

Nice phone. Not groundbreaking but nice. Especially with a new iphone 5S a few months away. It will be interesting to see what that has under the hood.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by baseballbert View Post
    Nice phone. Not groundbreaking but nice. Especially with a new iphone 5S a few months away. It will be interesting to see what that has under the hood.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Fall 2013 is a bit more than a "few months away".
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Simply put... 1 Word: Clutch!
    iPhone Intermediate

Fall 2013 is a bit more than a "few months away".
    Rumours say next spring/early summer, not fall.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

lol @ believing in those rumors. Good luck with that...
    iPhone Intermediate

lol @ believing in those rumors. Good luck with that...
    Never said I believed it. But when we get rumours of new Apple products, especially with their release dates, more often than not they end up being correct - especially as there's already a leaked prototype. Add in the fact that we got a new iPad 8 months after the previous version and it seems a lot less likely that they'd wait for a year.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

More often than not they end up being correct? lol...If you go back through the rumors from the last 3 versions of iPhone's, i think you'd find that to be totally inaccurate. The only "rumors" this year that ended up being accurate were the leaked pictures, over the first half of this year there were like 10 different dates and all kinds of silly features (like laser keyboards and holographic displays, lol).

Anyways, again...good luck with that.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,380 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7 GM

More often than not they end up being correct? lol...If you go back through the rumors from the last 3 versions of iPhone's, i think you'd find that to be totally inaccurate. The only "rumors" this year that ended up being accurate were the leaked pictures, over the first half of this year there were like 10 different dates and all kinds of silly features (like laser keyboards and holographic displays, lol).

Anyways, again...good luck with that.
    I agree. Too soon to start believing in the rumor mills. I tend to start believing some after the 1st QT of the year. I'm one of the smartphone fans that usually buy the phones outright. iPhones carry great resale value therefore I don't lose much when purchasing new one. I'm not worried about what's to come in the next 5-6 months yet. I'm still enjoying my white 5

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk
    My history: 8330*8330m*9650*9670*9330*iPhone4white*iPhone4Swhi te*iPhone5white*iPhone5S silver
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    652 Global Posts

I am very happy with my i5! The phone itself suits me perfectly. I love having 64g on board memory. I have been surprised by the number of android phones which come with only 16, and no means of adding memory. Although it works well with Windows OS, it is a iOS and OS X wonder. It is fast, solid and the perfect size.

In addition the support community is 2nd to none. Have you tried to get a case for the Nokia or DNA? I love that if I want something it i available. I also love the new lightning connector.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Couldn't ask for a better phone.. Point blank.

- VZW iPhone 5
    The energy of the mind is the essence of life.
    SeanHRCC likes this.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

I have to have it naked... With a case on it just seems different almost un-natural
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    590 Global Posts

Id love to go bare but scuffs bother me.

Sent from my LTE iPad 3 using Tapatalk HD
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by blacklighter11 View Post

+1

Sent from my Verizon Black & Slate iPhone 5 64GB using Tapatalk
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blacklighter11 View Post

Sadly I have already dropped it, I have a tendencies to put it on my lap when I'm driving, and I got out and it slid off my lap and onto the street. Only nicks are on the top back left, just a small nick. It made me angry at myself but I'm over it and it still looks great. Also there is insurance on it so when I truly mess it up, I will get a new one
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iFlyy View Post
    Sadly I have already dropped it, I have a tendencies to put it on my lap when I'm driving, and I got out and it slid off my lap and onto the street. Only nicks are on the top back left, just a small nick. It made me angry at myself but I'm over it and it still looks great. Also there is insurance on it so when I truly mess it up, I will get a new one
    Lol I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that has done this!
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 03_CTD View Post
    Lol I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one that has done this!
    👎 Still a no bueno, and I still catch myself doing it...
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,077 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

As quickly as I switched to the Galaxy S3, I'm back on my iPhone 5. Just can't be beat for me!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy100 View Post
    As quickly as I switched to the Galaxy S3, I'm back on my iPhone 5. Just can't be beat for me!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    In my many and when I say many I truly mean MANY phone buying adventures, I have always came back to the iphone, it's a phone that simply put beats the crap out of everything else and it never fails.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast