Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    bunique4life05's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts

    Default Black Friday Ebay iPhone 5

    I see the iPhone is still selling pretty well on Ebay but has drop some as time has gone by from launch. The iPhone 5 (16GB) has started to cap out around $650-$700.

    Will bids drop as we approach closer to Black Friday or will they get a boost in bids from Black Friday?

    For a seller is it better to sell before, on or after black friday?

    For a buyer is it better to buy before, on or after black friday?
  2. #2  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,792 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,841 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default Black Friday Ebay iPhone 5

    Since most people selling them on eBay are private people I don't think it matters

    You might get a good deal before thou if you find a right seller who needs the cash for Black Friday ..

    If I was selling I would sell ASAP longer phone is out and not on back order then the price drops
    It's supply and demand once supply can handle demand then no one is going to over pay
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    bunique4life05's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts

    Default Re: Black Friday Ebay iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Peligro911 View Post
    Since most people selling them on eBay are private people I don't think it matters

    You might get a good deal before thou if you find a right seller who needs the cash for Black Friday ..

    If I was selling I would sell ASAP longer phone is out and not on back order then the price drops
    It's supply and demand once supply can handle demand then no one is going to over pay
    I sort figure that but also thought the demand would go higher than the supply because of Black Friday and the holidays.
  4. #4  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,233 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,235 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Black Friday Ebay iPhone 5

    Actually, with sales on cell phones on Black Friday at retailers...i bet the demand drops slightly online, but i doubt pricing changes at all.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  5. #5  
    Phoqcey's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default Re: Black Friday Ebay iPhone 5

    I don't believe that price will go down a lot.
  6. #6  
    jsntrenkler's Avatar

    Posts
    2,194 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,512 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Black Friday Ebay iPhone 5

    Still have the demand ramping up for Christmas. I think it's possible that the prices will go up if apple does not continue to improve availability.
    jsntrenkler
    Mobile Gear: Retina Macbook Pro 13 / iPad Air / iPhone 5S / Pebble Smartwatch
    Community Rules & Guidelines
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    bunique4life05's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts

    Default Re: Black Friday Ebay iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by jsntrenkler View Post
    Still have the demand ramping up for Christmas. I think it's possible that the prices will go up if apple does not continue to improve availability.
    Well I see some I phone 5's ebay that are for auction till monday and tuesday. What do they expect black friday to do for them?
  8. #8  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,233 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,235 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Black Friday Ebay iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    Well I see some I phone 5's ebay that are for auction till monday and tuesday. What do they expect black friday to do for them?
    More eyes on the auctions since a lot of people are off work and in the spending mood means more sales...but not necessarily more money.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  
    bunique4life05's Avatar
    iPhone Nanite

    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts

    Default Re: Black Friday Ebay iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    More eyes on the auctions since a lot of people are off work and in the spending mood means more sales...but not necessarily more money.
    Gotcha

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-24-2011, 11:57 AM
  2. Any Ipad purchase on Black Friday?
    By AAFD in forum Original iPad
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-30-2010, 02:02 PM
  3. Black spot on IPhone 3G S camera
    By Tommytong in forum iPhone 3G Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 03:00 PM
  4. Men in black Neuralyzer on iPhone !
    By Touffi in forum iPhone Apps & Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-27-2009, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions