Verizon can't activate a phone they sent me?!?!?

jayblazer

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
I got my iPhone 5 today it is a second line on my plan and had a ship by date of 11/16 and well I can't use it as a phone? Verizon says they can't activate it until the ship date? Has any one else had this issue? It seems strange to me that a company who makes its money providing cell service cant activate a phone..

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
That doesn't sound right. That sucks if it is the case, they should be able to do something for you.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
jayblazer, sorry i didn't see this sooner. i had the same issue since my ship date was the 16th but I got it on the 14th. When I called verizon, they transferred me over to telesales, and they sent out an email to activations department to let it activate now. after about 15 minutes, I saw the new line appearing on my account so I was able to activate it. They should be able to let you activate it after you receive it.

pingpongitore

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
This happened to me to. Apparently they lock the ESN to prevent theft during transit. I guess it is more likely that if someone tries to steal it and activate it, Verizon will figure out what has happened. It sucked because I got my 5 a full 4 days before the ship date said.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711