Call Failed Issue!

lindsey202004

Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing the "call failed" issue? I will be talking and the call will drop (btw I have full bars of service at the time) and the phone says call failed and you have the option to call back or cancel and I push call back and it doesn't go through, it tries to connect and then says call failed again. It will do this like 3 or 4 times and then finally the call will go through. I have a 16gb white AT&T Iphone 5. I have read some people say it is an AT&T issue, but I never had that happen on my blackberry. It has happened like 5 or 6 times just today.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. It happens to me on Verizon at least once a day. Never happened on my 4 but happens in the same 3 spots every single day when talking on my 5. I think with Verizon it may be an issue switching towers where there's an overlap between LTE networks. It sure sucks.

I must say, if someone on AT&T is experiencing it too, that it may be something more phone related. Lets see if more people comment.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah. It happens to me on Verizon at least once a day. Never happened on my 4 but happens in the same 3 spots every single day when talking on my 5. I think with Verizon it may be an issue switching towers where there's an overlap between LTE networks. It sure sucks.

I must say, if someone on AT&T is experiencing it too, that it may be something more phone related. Lets see if more people comment.

Calls don't go over LTE on Verizon... they will fall back to 1X/CDMA for calls... and it is possible they are having a handoff issue between two towers... if you can document dates, times, and the locations when you're experiencing dropped calls, open a network trouble ticket with customer service. Voice over LTE is rumored to be in the works... but I would not expect it until they get the entire 3G network footprint overlaid with LTE.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Along time ago when I had att I had the same issue on a non iphone att said it was a bad SIM card don't know if it was that or not but this was before 4g LTE etc so not sure now a days

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods