How much data do you use?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I want to request a sticky for this. I am curious about how much data everyone used and what plans they are on per company.

I am on Verizon and I use about 300MB a month. On wifi at home and at work. My wife used 2 gb this month but she hasn't used wifi like I told her to. My brother who doesn't have access to wifi anywhere had used righ at 2GB but is in the 4GB plan.

Me - s3
Wife-4s
Brother rezound

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Last month i used almost 7GB for the billing cycle (see my other thread as i think it was a problem)...this cycle I'm about 65% through 4GB with a little less than half the cycle left to go.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have wifi at home, but not at work (I don't use my phone much at work though). I use just below 1 GB/month on Verizon. The bulk of my use is at home, but I am in no way frugal with data usage when out of the house. I never stream music or videos but I do use maps, forums, check email, iMessage, internet searches, etc., etc. I use about the same data on my iPhone 5 as I did on my 4, maybe a little more.

gvndeb60

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Me: AT&T unlimited, iPhone 5, anywhere from 2.5-6gb per month. I use wifi at home but at work I have to use cellular. I try not to go crazy but sometimes Netflix and HBO GO comes calling.
Wife: AT&T 2GB plan, iPhone 5, she uses 300-500mb per month, but she has wifi at home and work.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

Tandesrn9

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I generally use at least 5.5 GB per month, and the other person on my plan uses like 500mb. Lets hope it stays that way so I don't need to upgrade the plan haha.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I didn't used to use much but now with lte being faster then my home network I'm sure I will use more

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I have wifi at home and work so only about 1 gb. But I used 350 gig on my home Comcast account last month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm on the iPhone 5 and I generally use 2-3 GB per month. I'm on WiFi while at home and LTE while I'm out. I also always use WiFi at restaurants and hotels and such.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I have wifi at home, but not at work (I don't use my phone much at work though). I use just below 1 GB/month on Verizon. The bulk of my use is at home, but I am in no way frugal with data usage when out of the house. I never stream music or videos but I do use maps, forums, check email, iMessage, internet searches, etc., etc. I use about the same data on my iPhone 5 as I did on my 4, maybe a little more.

About identical to me and I'm under 2gb/mo. I use the phone at lunch to read forums, download rss etc. No streaming except the occasional YouTube.

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I just got my iPhone 5 so ill see howich I will use. Good news already I have noticed massive improvement in 5 ghz wifi signal work this.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
According to AT&T's system I used over 2.5GB last billing cycle which I found hard to believe considering I used no more than 587MB in prior months with no changes in the way I used my iPhone 5. I'm on a grandfathered Unlimited data plan so no worries, though.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Paid nothing extra from my monthly. I have unlimited data. I stream a lot of Netflix and YouTube. Also download torrents.

Beamed from Jupiter on my Galaxy Note II

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Well to my previous post I do have extremely slow wifi on the 5ghz band in our bedroom. I'll check the 2.4 when I get home but I still think apple has an issue with WPA 2 security. I'll confirm later.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR