iPhone 5 Scrolling Glitch Demo: Is it a problem? (Video)

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you guys encountered this glitch during normal use? I have not but let me know if you have! I was able to recreate it on multiple iOS devices
iPhone 5 Scrolling Glitch Is it a Problem?

This video shows the problem on iPod Touch 5th Generation, iPad 3rd Generation and iPhone 5. No issues with the iPhone 4 or iPad Mini though. Software problem? Also show Fruit Ninja gameplay and it does not affect gameplay at all.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I tested it on my iPhone 5 and it does happen like illustrated in the video. In normal use I have never encounterd it to such a severe degree. However when you're on a webpage in mobile safari and you have to scroll down I've noticed that at times after continuous scrolling my screen will ignore my swipe causing me to swipe twice before the page scrolls again. So I do think that most people wont encounter the issue but I do think it is one that deserves attention.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
For some reason the video doesn't show up as a link. Can someone help me with this? Or does it show up for you? Yeah I think it may be a software issue but I hope it gets fixed in a future update

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think the video will show up I've seen a few other vids and they show up the same way. I've seen the video and anyone who is curious can just copy and paste the link. I don't it's software sadly because the video uses an iPhone 4s and an iPhone 5 both running the same iOS versions. My iPhone 5 is running iOS 6.1 beta and I could still do the same thing. The iPhone 5 uses the new in-cell technology for the screen so I'm hoping it's not that the touch sensors get overloaded and stop responding for a period of time or something like that. In one report of the issue they mentioned fruit ninja and that I have an issue with because I've played fruit ninja and I just don't see it needing such fast swiping to be an issue.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I can get mine to do the same thing if i do it with the email app...but in regular use i have never experienced any issue like this, and speaking of fruit ninja, my niece plays this game religiously anytime i am around her (because she enjoys beating my score and laughing at me morbidly haha), having played it with her, i have never experienced any issue playing that game, even using diagonal fast scrolling when you have to charge up that exploding fruit at the end of the levels...not one problem that i could notice at all. I actually have higher scores on that game with the iPhone 5 than i ever did with the 4S, lol.

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank guys! Yes this is not the same video recombu posted. This video shows iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 5th generation and iPad Third Generation with Retina Display.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods