Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default I need your help guys!

Hello for everybody! Guys I need your help. I'm gonna buy new iphone 4s or 5. What do you think: It's easier and cheap buy on-line or in the normal stores. I'm just 3 month in USA, thats why I don't have a credit history. I never used on-line buying. Thats why if you think on-line, please don't forget show the names of sites. Which sites is secure.

Global Posts
    5,608 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

Default I need your help guys!

Just buy it through Apple. Although your carrier of choice will probably run a credit check, when you are establishing your account with them.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Default Re: I need your help guys!

Gonna cost you the same regardless of where you buy it. Apple maintains their prices through all their sales outlets.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Yeah I say the same go to and buy it there but depending on the wait time you could also while you're waiting head in to a store and they might have the model in the store for you. Then you can cancel the online order. When you're buying online the most important thing before you put your credit card number in is to check where it says http: before the web address and make sure it says https. The s stands for secure which means your creditcard info will be encrypted when you send it. It seems almost a second thought these days but I have run into one or two sites that wasn't secure.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

I would buy it in the store so you don't have to wait for shipping...but regardless, like mentioned above, it's not going to make a difference for price or for credit checking purposes.

If you decide you need to do it online, just use Apple's website.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson