Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Unhappy iPhone 5 Spotlight search issue

Hi everyone, this is my first post here and looking forward to know you all

My iPhone 5 now is one month old. I am using spotlight search on every day to find my contacts, apps. This is the fastest way for me since I have a big list of contacts, apps etc...The strange thing is that this Spotlight search results window is getting shorter and shorter every time I use this search function!

I have attached couple snapshots explains how the spotlight search results window look like in the beginning of my use, then after after using spotlight search for about three days. The only unpractical solution I found is just restarting the iPhone again and again to rest the view :-(

Does anyone have noticed this issue? you might be an heavy-use user of this function to discover it...

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone 5 Spotlight search issue-photo-1.png   iPhone 5 Spotlight search issue-photo-2.png  

Global Posts
    22,931 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default iPhone 5 Spotlight search issue

If you were to type the letter "A", your search field will be great but as your search becomes more specific, "Agnes's", for example, the search field will decrease. That is normal. If I misunderstood your post, I apologize.
    Thanked by:
    Hushero (11-11-2012)
    iMore Newbie

check settings > general > spotlight search and make sure you havent turned anything off
    please check out my blog, I have a huge apple mac tips section that gets updated constantly
    Thanked by:
    Hushero (11-11-2012)
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Default Re: iPhone 5 Spotlight search issue

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    If you were to type the letter "A", your search field will be great but as your search becomes more specific, "Agnes's", for example, the search field will decrease. That is normal. If I misunderstood your post, I apologize.
    Thanks for your reply, you are right and know this thing, but this is not the case here...as you can see on the snapshots, I have put same word for search, but the gray area of the results are not the same!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by localhost8080 View Post
    check settings > general > spotlight search and make sure you havent turned anything off
    Thanks for your tip...Yes I have checked all the areas are checked and ON...

Global Posts
    22,931 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Hushero View Post
    Thanks for your reply, you are right and know this thing, but this is not the case here...as you can see on the snapshots, I have put same word for search, but the gray area of the results are not the same!

- - - Updated - - -

When you go to Settings-General-Spotlight search, is everything checked that you want included in a search?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    5,023 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: iPhone 5 Spotlight search issue

Quote Originally Posted by Hushero View Post

- - - Updated - - -

But are you actually getting fewer results, or is it just that the background is now shorter? From your screenshot it appears to have the same results, just a different appearance.