Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    241 Global Posts

Default Exchange mail settings

I have had an iPad for some time and recently got an iphone5. My work uses Microsoft Exchange email, and I have the settings on both the iPad and the iPhone the same. When I delete an email from the iPad, it stays on the Exchange server and I can pull it up on my computer later. With the iPhone, it deletes from the server as well, gone forever. Is there any way to fix this?
    iPhone Newbie

Default Re: Exchange mail settings

If they are set up correctly, the iPad is NOT working properly. When you delete an email, it is NOT gone forever. It's placed in the deleted items folder. And, even if you empty your deleted items folder, email can still be restored based on the Company's retaining policy.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    734 Global Posts

Default Exchange mail settings

Quote Originally Posted by glercara View Post
    If they are set up correctly, the iPad is NOT working properly. When you delete an email, it is NOT gone forever. It's placed in the deleted items folder. And, even if you empty your deleted items folder, email can still be restored based on the Company's retaining policy.
    This is the correct answer. If it is set up correctly, deleting on any device will delete it on all devices. The email is then available in your deleted items or trash folder if needed.