Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default Apple replacement rattles as well!!!

So I got a replacement in the mail for my IP5 that had a rattle near the lock button. The new phone rattle right out of the box as well. I have had the chance to call Apple yet. Anyone else experience this? I find this to be pretty pathetic on Apples part and reputation.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

Default Re: Apple replacement rattles as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lbun2 View Post
    So I got a replacement in the mail for my IP5 that had a rattle near the lock button. The new phone rattle right out of the box as well. I have had the chance to call Apple yet. Anyone else experience this? I find this to be pretty pathetic on Apples part and reputation.
    I was on the verge of returning mine and researched this issue for an entire day. I also posted the following thread.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5-for...ion-issue.html

What I have found out is that this is because of the camera lenses clanking around which is apparently totally normal. Actually sounds a little like marbles hitting against each other. What I did notice though is that some phones are louder than others, for instance, mine is louder than my wife's. In my research, I observed a lot of people who opened the phone themselves or brought it to a genius and had them open it, only to find something was loose inside. Because of this I am still contemplating bringing it in for a look under the hood for peace of mind. Overall, I am surprised by this noise given the build quality of the iphone. I have found that it is the most noticeable when the phone is lying flat on a hard surface and at the very beginning of a vibration sequence. Hope this helps!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,779 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Sell your iPhone and swear off Apple products for the rest of your life. It's the only option you have now...that or death, which may or may not be too extreme, just depends on how devastated and/or furious you are about this. Good luck to you sir, the road ahead of you is not an easy one, but i have a good feeling you will succeed...or not. Koala bear.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Intermediate

It's normal. It's the camera or accelerator or something. They all do it. Mine rattles if I shake it next to my ear and everything works fine. I never really noticed it, but if you try to listen tje rattle is there.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,603 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

There is nothing wrong with your phone. Get any iPhone 4, 4S, or 5 and start tapping on the camera area on the back. It'll rattle. It's the auto-focus mechanisms. I have a Nexus S 4G here at my job and it rattles too in the same area, just not as much.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Mine and my wife's rattles too. Most do.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

My S3 rattles too. Right at the camera. Sounds exactly like a sack of marbles.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    368 Global Posts

How do you guys explain my wife's rattle not being as loud as mine? Is it normal that there is some variation in this across phones?
    iPhone Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by SeanHRCC View Post
    Sell your iPhone and swear off Apple products for the rest of your life. It's the only option you have now...that or death, which may or may not be too extreme, just depends on how devastated and/or furious you are about this. Good luck to you sir, the road ahead of you is not an easy one, but i have a good feeling you will succeed...or not. Koala bear.
    I agree..... Apple Blows..... It's over for them... someone turn off the lights on the way out..... I'm gonna use my iPhone 5 as a Maraca in my new Salsa Band!!!.....Good Day
    iPhone Intermediate

Yawn......
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Please search before creating a new thread. Chances are someone else has asked the same question or posted the same information.

http://forums.imore.com/iphone-5-for...-5-rattle.html

Thread closed.
    Thanked by:
    SeanHRCC (11-08-2012)