Sharing new phone number

NebraskaZ

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using a work issued IPhone4S and decided I'd be a lot more comfortable with my own phone, especially if I were to find another position. So I have my new phone/number and want to know the least painful way to send my new contact information. This has been my third phone number in a year because of the work stuff, and I've already had a lot of old friends comment that they forgot to update it and havent been able to contact me etc.

A few questions.
-Am I better off just sending a mass text, as per usual to let them know of my number?
-Can I send them my contact card and make it a little easier for them to open up/add me (is the contact card only compatable with iMessage or can Android users see it too?)?
-Pardon my lack of knowledge- is there a way that I could do it through facebook or something like that, where if I change it on facebook, it will automatically update their contact information in their phone if they have it linked to their own facebook?

Thanks guys!

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't think there's a way to use Facebook like you want. Several friends of mine have just posted on FB that they have a new phone and to inbox them if you want the new number.

As for contacts, text them maybe? I've had the same phone number going on 16 years but if I had to switch numbers, the easiest and fastest way would just be to text everyone in my contact list. If they don't or won't text, I'd send out an email or just call them and give them my new one. :)

rex450se

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Get a Google Voice number! Tell everyone that you're sorry for all the changes lately but this will be the last one. Give that number out and in the future just have your Google Voice number associated with your work number, home number, cell number and what ever else you may have and it will not change. Best thing I ever did.

Victor

johnanondoe

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
First off, I completely agree with rex450se. If you live in the states get a Google Voice number.

If you don't live in the states, or don't want to use Google voice here is what I did: I made a list of all the places I needed to give my new number (your doctor, Google's two-step authentication, if you use it, and such) and then I made a quick text saying, "hey, it's *insert name*. Just wanted to let you know I got a new number. " I copied this text and just went through my contacts and sent it to everyone who I wanted to have my new number. Granted, I changed my number because I didn't want as many people to have it as before.

You can always post a status on Facebook letting people know you got a new number and that they should message you if they wanted it.

Sending out a contact card is something I think would be really nice too. Although, it would take you longer.

Good luck.

Sri1234

Apr 27, 2017
Visit site
There's an App available to take care of updating your new number in all your smartphone's contacts instantly, when you change your number. It's 'LetzwApp' available in both Appstore and Playstore. Checkout the demo in YouTube, hope this helps!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW