I seem to have shady reception on my 5, my wife has great reception on her 4 in the same spot. Could a SIM cause this issue? I would rather not loose my flawless iPhone and have to have it replaced. So does anyone know if the SIM card can cause this type of reception problem.
- 11-05-2012, 08:39 AM #2
- 11-05-2012, 09:48 AM #3
Re: Reception issues?
SIM cards can cause issues like that, but as far as i remember, most of those issues would come from the card itself being positioned improperly in the tray and not making a proper connection (or obviously if the SIM is bad in the first place).
A SIM card causing reception issues would typically be the exception and not the rule though, and i would certainly look to other issues before focusing on that card.
Are you trying to connect to LTE? 4G? Edge? Have you tried turning off LTE and trying to use the 4G service only to see how it stands up vs. the 4 you said gets great quality?
- 11-05-2012, 11:56 AM #4
- By Jeremy in forum iPhone 4Replies: 142Last Post: 08-14-2010, 06:12 PM
- By Jellotime91 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 86Last Post: 07-13-2010, 08:26 AM
- By JustinSaneV2 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 12Last Post: 06-25-2010, 09:03 AM
- By JT1990 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 11Last Post: 06-25-2010, 02:35 AM
- By stphnman20 in forum iPhone 4Replies: 18Last Post: 06-24-2010, 02:50 AM