- iMore Beginner
- 91 Posts
I noticed a black dot on my iPhone 5 within a couple weeks of owning it. I had a Zagg HD screen protector on and I decided to order a new one and see if it was possibly a spec of dirt that got under it. So I took off my screen protector and noticed it wasn't dirt, it was a dead pixel. It's pretty obvious when looking at a white page that it's there.
Anyways, I have AppleCare+. I have a Geniuis Bar appointment scheduled for tomorrow. What should I expect? A repair? A new phone? Do they even have new phones in yet? Anyone had a similar experience?
- 11-03-2012, 09:49 PM #2
- 11-03-2012, 09:51 PM #3
- 11-03-2012, 10:26 PM #4
- 11-03-2012, 11:45 PM #5
- 11-05-2012, 12:59 AM #6
- 11-05-2012, 01:08 AM #7
- 11-05-2012, 01:11 AM #8
- 11-05-2012, 02:03 AM #9
- 11-06-2012, 03:53 AM #11
- 11-06-2012, 10:48 AM #12
- 11-06-2012, 11:08 AM #13
can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
- 6,531 Posts
- iOS Version
- iOS 6
~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
- 11-06-2012, 11:12 AM #14
- 11-06-2012, 11:34 AM #15
- 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM #16iPhone Intermediate
- 109 Posts
Re: Dead Pixel?
There is another thread with the same questions. From my past experience, if you have an Apple device that has dead pixel(s) and there is no visible damage to the phone; they will replace your defective unit right there in-store. Apples exchange system works quick and easy. Regardless of where you purchased the iDevice, they will still help you get a working unit.
- By Readover in forum iPhone 4Replies: 11Last Post: 05-22-2010, 08:54 AM
- By abdijusttmusic in forum iPhone 4Replies: 2Last Post: 12-22-2009, 04:36 AM
- By BuddhistGirafe in forum iPhone 4Replies: 5Last Post: 09-30-2009, 05:00 PM
- By Noonan in forum iPhone 4Replies: 6Last Post: 07-10-2009, 12:07 AM
- By manho1dup in forum iPhone 4Replies: 11Last Post: 07-19-2008, 11:57 AM