Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By GibMcFragger
  • 1 Post By tuffy100
  • 2 Post By evorc
  • 1 Post By INDROIDWETRUST
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    plantemichel's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    96 Posts

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    I think that there should be an antennagate because the antenna on the iPhone 5 is bad in fact its really bad i own an iPhone 4S i could not repeat the antenna issue. Neither with my past iPhone 4 ... What do you think???
  2. #2  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    6,642 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,647 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    Not having any problems on either wifi or 3G or LTE. If anything connections are slightly better than my 4S.
  3. #3  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by plantemichel View Post
    I think that there should be an antennagate because the antenna on the iPhone 5 is bad in fact its really bad i own an iPhone 4S i could not repeat the antenna issue. Neither with my past iPhone 4 ... What do you think???
    I don’t see any issue/problem. My iPhone 5 is good all the way around. Not so much as a hint of antenna/reception issues at all.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  4. #4  
    Sharma15's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    433 Posts
    Global Posts
    823 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0.1

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    I haven't gotten any issues with 3G/LTE.
  5. #5  
    Heisenberg's Avatar

    Posts
    3,672 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,048 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    I had that phone for almost a week and didn't experience antenna issues.
    No antenna gate.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 6 Plus 128GB
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
  6. #6  
    iEd
    iEd is offline
    iEd's Avatar
    iMore Guru

    Posts
    1,777 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,922 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by plantemichel View Post
    I think that there should be an antennagate because the antenna on the iPhone 5 is bad in fact its really bad i own an iPhone 4S i could not repeat the antenna issue. Neither with my past iPhone 4 ... What do you think???
    Take it back get it replaced
    Stevie Jobs was the illest and-droid is played out like Arnold wondering "What you talking about Willis?"
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    plantemichel's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    96 Posts

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    Come on guys put your fingers on the antennas you will see what im talking about i show it to my friends on is iPhone 5 i don't have this issue because i have a 4S but this will prevent me to skip the iPhone 5.
  8. #8  
    ghostface147's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    3,516 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,603 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    No problem here. My signal in my apt is at -102. I death grip it (top or bottom antenna) and it goes to -100. Looks like you're trying to spread FUD. Show us links that prove your issue. Where are the articles written by several reputable websites that back up your claims? Don't have any? Problem doesn't exist then.
    blah blah blah witty signature blah blah blah
  9. #9  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by plantemichel View Post
    Come on guys put your fingers on the antennas you will see what im talking about i show it to my friends on is iPhone 5 i don't have this issue because i have a 4S but this will prevent me to skip the iPhone 5.
    Confused... do you have the iPhone 5 or not? First you say there’s a problem... then you say it will keep you from buying it.

    Again, I don’t have it. My signal/reception is fine. If you haven’t bought the phone yet, but know there’s a problem, then simply don’t buy it.

    Move along, folks. Nothing to see here...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  10. #10  
    Peligro911's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    4,834 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,883 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    No issue here
  11. #11  
    GibMcFragger's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    841 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,498 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    No issues here, other than you spreading fud....
    Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4GHz i7, 12GB RAM on OSX Mavericks GM
    iPhone 6 128GB Slate
    iPad 16GB Wifi (3rd gen)
    ATV3
    Fausty82 likes this.
  12. #12  
    Ed7789's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    89 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    No problems with the antenna itself here neither.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Ed7789
  13. #13  
    bamf-hacker's Avatar

    Posts
    3,593 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,721 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    No issues at all, not even a little.
  14. #14  
    Garz's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    4,273 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,201 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    8.0

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    My antenna has been superb
  15. #15  
    05GT's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    247 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    No antenna issues at all.
  16. #16  
    Apple4ever2011's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    280 Posts

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    Have yet to have an antenna issue.... I hold my phone in a natural manner to make a call... I do not try to put my fingers in the creases between the Antennas...I do not put it in a death grip... or Place it on my Forearm and press down on it to make a call as someone did in a YouTube Video. If one wants to the can make the bars drop.... but as you can see... the Majority of people have not had an issue..... you may have been misinformed if you do not have one or perhaps you received a defective one and need to return it....
  17. #17  
    tuffy100's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,067 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    So let me get this right...

    You're complaining about an antenna on a phone that you don't actually own yourself simply by saying your antenna is good on the 4S? I don't follow your logic...
    INDROIDWETRUST likes this.
  18. #18  
    evorc's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    425 Posts
    Global Posts
    797 Global Posts

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by tuffy100 View Post
    So let me get this right...

    You're complaining about an antenna on a phone that you don't actually own yourself simply by saying your antenna is good on the 4S? I don't follow your logic...
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug! I guess he wants to create a reason not to buy 5. Lol Thought I've seen it all.
    GibMcFragger and tuffy100 like this.
  19. #19  
    tekjunkie28's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    159 Posts
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    Well all phones have this... To an extent and the iPhone 5 has some of the best hardware in it. I think this guy has lost it.

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  20. #20  
    INDROIDWETRUST's Avatar
    iPhone Intermediate

    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by plantemichel View Post
    Come on guys put your fingers on the antennas you will see what im talking about i show it to my friends on is iPhone 5 i don't have this issue because i have a 4S but this will prevent me to skip the iPhone 5.
    cckgz4 likes this.
  21. #21  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: Antennagate iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by tuffy100 View Post
    So let me get this right...

    You're complaining about an antenna on a phone that you don't actually own yourself simply by saying your antenna is good on the 4S? I don't follow your logic...
    I’m not sure that your summary of of his issues is correct... here (http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4s-fo...hone-4-4s.html) he seems to intimate that his 4S has antenna issues, as well. At best, he is very confused... and at worst, he’s simply trolling. Not sure which it is, but it would appear that he’s a very, very confused iPhone owner (or not).
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  22. #22  
    tuffy100's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,067 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    Quote Originally Posted by Fausty82 View Post
    Im not sure that your summary of of his issues is correct... here (http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4s-fo...hone-4-4s.html) he seems to intimate that his 4S has antenna issues, as well. At best, he is very confused... and at worst, hes simply trolling. Not sure which it is, but it would appear that hes a very, very confused iPhone owner (or not).
    I know about the antenna issues, but it seems like he's saying he COULDN'T replicate them on his 4 or 4S.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  23. #23  
    Karenkcoulter's Avatar

    Posts
    6,642 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,647 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6.1.3

    Default Antennagate iPhone 5

    I had to use both hands to completely cover all 4 edges and the entire back to get the bars to decrease in my iPhone 5. And even then it only removed 2 bars on mobile and 1 on wifi. And since there is absolutely no way I could use the phone like that-I had no fingers free to even touch the screen-there is NO antenna problem.

Similar Threads

  1. Apple iPhone. Oh. My. God.
    By TreoGreg in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 01-13-2007, 08:31 PM
  2. Apple iPhone?
    By specimen38 in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 01:05 PM
  3. iPhone or Treo 750?
    By seaflipper in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-11-2007, 08:44 AM
  4. apple IPhone
    By littlewaywelt in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 09:18 AM
  5. Apple "iPhone" Going with Cingular?
    By copernicus in forum Carrier Discussion Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-09-2007, 07:49 PM

Posting Permissions