Hurricane Sandy and my IP5

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I saw another thread with some comedy and I'm ok with that.

Thank god my family and friends are safe. We just received power back. The cell site in my town was destroyed. I noticed that both the IP4 and 4s were able to text better then my IP5. I am not sure if this is due to a weaker radio. we all sat in the same room and the 4 and the 4s had a much higher success rate of getting text's thru.

Any one else have similar experience?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
The only valid comparison is an iPhone5 to another iPhone5 using the same cellular provider. Comparing your iPhone5 to any other iPhone - even on the same carrier is an "apples to oranges" comparison - as LTE and GSM or CDMA may not be on the same radio frequency bands - even on the same carrier - and signal levels will fluctuate. A lot. And in areas where towers may not be working optimally, signal levels, as viewed on phones - will vary.

trmoney24

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
kch50428 brings a valid point. You can compare the 4S/4 to the 5 if they were on the same network and if you turned off LTE on the iPhone 5. That would of course affect iMessaging since that is through data.
LooNTooNs, were you trying to send texts (Voice network), or iMessages (Data network) ? Then it would be easier to dissect what was going on. If you are still having issues with the 5 with iMessaging, I would try turning off LTE. the 3G signal may be better in your current area at the moment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2